An excellent package and career are on offer.
• Hands-on implementation of JAVA microservice code, orchestrating other JSON end-points, security services and NoSQL data sources.
• Practicing effective agile software development; participating in pair programming, regular communication and supporting a culture of end to end ownership.
• Following software standards to ensure quality throughout the development lifecycle
• Build new capability across the team toolset, including writing tests and reviewing code for other team members.
• Taking part in sprint planning, backlog refinement and task estimation
• Providing technical support out-of-hours
• Responsible for the quality and implementation (supportable, maintainable, scalable, performant, secure) of your own work
• Participation in the elaboration of user stories (technical and functional). Agree stories are sufficiently described for their implementation, verification and delivery.
• Working collaboratively; pairing on tasks, peer review of team members’ code and constructive feedback for improvement in both the code base and team capability (blame free feedback)
• Keeping builds green by writing testable and tested code
• Active participation in retrospectives to make continual improvements within your team
• Technical support during release activities and to resolve live issues
• Ability to manage your own task progress and communicate issues to product management and testers
• Good critical reasoning and analytical skills; takes ownership and sticks to the problem until it is solved
• Having a can-do attitude and being comfortable with tight delivery deadlines and managing priorities
• Customer-focused, whether responding to support queries or developing new features and functionality
• Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment
• Solid written and verbal communication skills. Able to articulate technical issues to peers
• Experience of microservice development using JAVA 8 + and SpringBoot framework in a commercial setting.
• Experience of reading and writing to a NoSQL database in JAVA. Ideally Cassandra.
• Experience of accessing other APIs from your code.
• Experience of writing tests using unit tests and mocking frameworks
• Experience of delivering fully tested small incremental change with a SCRUM process
Nice to have
• Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes and Jenkins
• Working with Kafka data streams
• Working with and contributing to open source projects
• Using API gateway products
• Experience developing APIs for developer communities
• Experience using Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) systems for deployment
• Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD)