Maersk is leading the digital transformation of the transport and logistics industry and offers exciting career opportunities with an international reach. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures in a stimulating work environment that supports fairness, mutual respect, responsibility and care for our customers. Together, we are:
High Energy - We are a fast-moving start-up paced team where speed is critical. You will find an environment where enthusiasm, creativity and ability to execute on industry-changing ideas are our way of working.
Transformational – Our supply chain platform is poised to lead the digital transformation of global shipping. As the TradeLens platform continues to expand and improve over time, insights will combine the power of AI, IoT and Big Data with the richness of our platform to spur industry-wide innovation.
Bringing People Together – We have engaged with shippers, shipping lines, freight forwarders, port and terminal operators and customs authorities to bring to market our jointly developed blockchain-enabled shipping solution. Designed from the ground up as an industry platform open to all players, we bring together all parties in the supply chain to drive true information sharing, increase collaboration and foster trust.
Together – we can move the industry forward.
• Lead and manage the onboarding of clients and Network Members integration onto our platform.
• Ensure implementation of appropriate electronic data and information flows between client and the platform.
• Through workshops, define the Onboarding / Integration scope and objectives for the client, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Coordinate across internal functions, the Onboarding Team, client and third parties/vendors for the execution of the project
• Set priorities, manage risks, and drive overall improvement of data quality and timely integration
• Educate and lead the change management, as needed, for adoption of the platform by users
• Help monitor the Onboarding / Integration project, proactively taking corrective action and driving to completion of integration on schedule
• Measure Onboarding project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
• Successfully manage the relationships with the client and all stakeholders around the world
• Perform dependency and risk management to proactively mitigate integration risks
• Maintain comprehensive Onboarding / Integration documentation and incorporate into onboarding framework for new clients as needed
• Capture, document and communicate the learnings from the onboarding project to relevant stakeholders to drive process improvement, validate value proposition to support better Go-to-Market activities and provide input for product offering enhancement.
• Bachelor’s Degree ideally in Logistics/International Trade, Supply Chain or Management
• 5+ years’ experience working in the container shipping sector working for ports, carriers, freight forwarders, intermodal, BCOs and/or industry related technology companies
• Strong understanding of the container business including relevant IT systems
• Project Management experience with the ability to monitor the Onboarding / Integration project, proactively taking corrective action and driving to completion of integration on schedule
• Client consulting experience ideally in leading customers through a major implementation project.
• Good understanding of the EDI/API landscape and messages, with basic technical know-how
• Tech-Savvy and able to present and describe technical functionalities to those less-versed in technology; Ease and comfort in presenting to all levels of an organization
• Ability to perform in a rapidly changing multi-task environment
• Possesses good stakeholder management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Highly collaborative, yet able to function well independently
• Comfortable with open assignments and/or changing goals and roles
• Work well under pressure in a highly dynamic environment
• Ability to lead local workshops, including adapting to local cultural sensibilities
• Travel expectation of up to 50%