A senior leadership role in Maersk's Business Finance team for Operations being the Leader for a team of Finance business partners accountable for management reporting, forecasting, budgeting, performance management, standard costing, deep dive analysis and finance related business support.
As leader for a team of Finance Business Partners (FBP) you will drive financial analysis within the Variable Cost area to mitigate risks and identify improvement opportunities together with the global business owners of variable cost and together with them drive improvements through firm actions across the company by working with the global organisation, procurement, our network team and the commercial organisation. You will lead a firm performance management system and decision support to the Maersk Operations leadership team. Your detailed understanding of the financial numbers combined with solid business knowledge will allow you to deliver performance insight, challenge current understandings and contribute to decision making within Operations.
As part of a dynamic global network, you will be working closely with the Global Variable Cost owners, Operation Executions and the Global Line Operating Centers (LOCs), but you will also have to work together with Network, Equipment, Trades and the commercial frontline. Further you will drive alignment with stakeholders in Business Finance for Operations, Trade & Marketing/Commercial and the extended global Finance teams. You will be exposed to senior management and take an active role in delivering on our strategy of delivering a first class product to our customers at the lowest possible cost in a truly global organisation.
As a senior leader in the Operations Business Finance team you will act as the trusted partner to key stakeholders in HQ Operations team. Functional reporting to Head of Business Finance for Ops Execution and Equipment, but with an indirect reporting to the Head of Global Variable Cost owners and have multiple senior stakeholders in Operations.
You will own, drive and be fully accountable for key financial processes and operating system in close collaboration with stakeholders in Operations. You will support their decision-making process and understanding of financials and performance by structuring and presenting key focus areas in management meetings, providing financial management information, deep dive analysis, performance management reporting and business cases.
Through close interaction with your stakeholders help them design and develop existing and new initiatives, report to stakeholders with clear business and financial insights and perform analyses of performance and trends to identify and suggest appropriate actions. Together with your stakeholder you will drive those actions through our global organisation with the objective of optimizing the overall company performance.
You will be fully accountable for the following (but not only):
• Accurate, timely and high quality aligned reporting of financial and operational performance incl. KPIs
• Analysis and interpretation of financial and operational information to produce forecast of the business and industry.
• Identifying, contributing towards and drive business improvement initiatives and follow up on such initiatives.
• Together with the Head of Variable Cost owners in defining, communicating and drive strategies, while considering overall company objective and managing stakeholders in Head Quarter and our global organization.
• Drive continuous improvements of business including simplification of reports, and standardization across our Global Liner Operating Centers
Who we are looking for
• You hold a Master’s degree in finance or economics (Cand.Merc, Cand.Polit, Cand.Oecon if from Denmark, or equivalent)
• You have at least seven years of work experience with some years of management experience from leadership positions within finance, financial planning and analysis, management and/or strategy consultancy, business development or equivalent.
• You are a seasoned leader, who can build and drive a diverse team of high performing professionals, who you can coach and support with high engagement and visible leadership
• You are capable of defining, communicating and driving strategy, while understanding overall objectives of the company and effectively managing stakeholders close by and in the global organization.
• You have a thorough understanding of finance and the business, through which you will drive performance and value for the company. You have solid work experience in the Finance field.
• You are result driven and have a strong logical and analytical capacity being well organized with high attention to detail.
• You are a self-starter with a strong driving force, striving for continuous improvement and wanting to solve problems even if finding answers are not easy.
• You are a team player who is used to and enjoys working with, influencing, guiding and challenge multiple stakeholders.
• You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong integrity and a humble personality that goes well with people at all levels in a global organization.
• You are used to and enjoy working in a challenging, fast paced and changing environment dealing with a lot of different tasks at the same time.
• You are skilled in Excel and PowerPoint, while experience from BI systems and SAP is a plus.
• You are skilled in written and spoken English. Danish is not required.