Maersk, the world's largest shipping company, is transforming into an industrial digital giant that enables global trade with its land, sea and port assets. We are the digital and software development organisation that builds products in the areas of predictive science (forecasting, customer and market analytics), optimization and IoT. This position offers the opportunity to take innovative ideas and turn them into our future.
Through Digital Transformation we identify, define and implement the mix of process, technology and culture that brings business, development and operation teams closer, allowing Maersk to deliver products faster, improve responsiveness and enhance quality for our consumers.
• We are a very diverse team with colleagues having many different backgrounds and from many different cultures
• We are operating in a working environment of a small software company combined with the benefits of a large enterprise
• We offer freedom to influence and shape the setup and the processes we use
• We offer possibilities to attend conferences, workshops and meetups
At Maersk, we focus on the individual’s development and the right candidate will have broad possibilities to further develop competencies in an environment characterised by change and continuous progress
Find out more about Maersk Digital at www.maerskdigital.io
Reporting to the Head of the Agile Transformation, you will serve as a Scrum Master across all the Transport & Logistics Division. The Scrum Master role involves understanding the agile processes, partnering with Product Owner/Client leadership teams, and working with project teams to deliver on-time and on budget.
We would like to hear from you if you can demonstrate the following:
• Mentor and Coach teams in agile processes and tools, and ensure to develop well scoped issues and epics and correct use of scrum process.
• Perform the role of Scrum Master for multiple concurrent sprint teams.
• Run sprint planning, backlog refinement, sprint retrospective, daily scrum, and other project planning meetings.
• Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving.
• Forecast sprint iterations with the Product Owner and concerned business partners to better understand dependencies between tasks and teams.
• Shield sprint teams from outside distractions and unintended dependencies and interference.
• Facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos.
• Coach the Scrum Masters and the Team Members on Agile principles and Values and on Scrum practices
• Advice Senior Stakeholders on Agile at scale methods and processes
• Ability to work independently and plan and manage multiple assignments.
• Facilitate discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution between sprint team members and Product Owners.
• Communicate with other teams and management on project progress and dependency handling and ensure the transparency of the team.
• Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
• Natural curiosity for gaining business acumen in Transport & Logistics.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Certified Scrum Master
• 3+ years of experience with Agile Project Management Tools including Atlassian JIRA, Confluence.
• Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing cross functional teams.
• Experience of projects involving solution development based on cloud (Amazon Web Services, SaaS, PaaS and IaaS), web or mobile application architecture.
• Experience of leading fit gap analysis for migrating applications to cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or Force.com.
• Experience or passion for leading testing of applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Force.com and/or Google Cloud Platform.
• Certified Product Owner
• Transportation, Logistics or carrier management experience.