The Strategy Development team conducts an annual review of the corporate strategy for senior management and the Board of Maersk. We provide decision support on a wide array of strategic questions, and our India based team members analyse the performance of our competitors. We also take part in the long term strategic planning as well as the communication of our strategy to analysts and investors at the Capital Markets Day. We are five people in Copenhagen and four in India.
As part of the Strategy Development team you will be exposed to a broad range of tasks, that will develop your analytical and communication skills.
Your key areas of responsibility:
• Assist with problem solving some of Maersk’s biggest strategic dilemmas through data driven analysis
• Communicate conclusions in PowerPoint presentations and memos
• Provide ad hoc support to the team on various ongoing projects
The ideal candidate is studying a Bachelor’s Degree with outstanding academic results in a numbers-driven field such as Finance, Economics or Engineering, preferably at the 2nd or 3rd year. We expect a work load of 20 hours per week spread across two full days, with mutual flexibility around business/study peak times. The preferred start date is as soon as possible.
• Outstanding analytical skills
• A flair for strategic thinking
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office pack (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent people skills and a desire for teamwork
• Fluent English speaker
It is not a pre-requisite to be Danish speaking.