An exceptional package, career and team!
You will be a key contributor in the concept and prototyping process, contributing to UX and UI work. Prototyping and development will be done simultaneously on a “high productivity app development platform”. The platform is drag-and-drop in nature, similar to common design tools, but supports the full spectrum of native App capabilities and will generate a finished App, once the design is completed. You will need a thorough understanding of how development works, but most code will be auto-generated, and we have senior developers available, should we need to extend an App significantly beyond what the platform supports.
Since we work in an agile manner at the MCoE, some Apps will not pass the prototype stage, while others will end up being fully implemented. Consequently, you can expect to work on a few projects simultaneously, and multiple projects over the year.
You will become part of a small, well-oiled team which interacts with all sub-brands of Maersk across the world – In the last month alone, we have worked with colleagues in Dubai, India, Australia, USA, Guatemala, Kenya, London, The Netherlands, and Tinglev. As a small, innovative unit in a large company, we offer a unique combination of working relatively freely, not being hindered by legacy processes, while still having the “corporate muscle” to deliver several Apps per year. We really love what we do at the MCoE and look forward to welcoming you on board. No tie required.
Must have, proven skills:
• Ability to analyze and understand a business problem and contribute to devising a solution based on user needs – in close collaboration with business representatives and customers
• A keen interest in the field of mobile and Apps – and the ability to see mobile as only one part of the overall customer experience and the “Digital Ecosystem”
• Strong skills within UX design, especially within mobile
• Contemporary ways of working, like Agile Development – Self-driven with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple tasks
• Ability to work in a global, collaborative environment within diverse teams
• Customer-oriented, whether responding to support queries or developing new functionality
• Solid written and verbal communication in English, ability to clearly articulate technically complex problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical colleagues. Danish language skills are not required
• Delivering successful products to end users in the industry, with success measured by the size of the user base, sales volume, market share, etc.
• At least 3 years of hands-on in mobile UX and UI design
• Development experience; Apps (hybrid or native), web (front-end)
• Stakeholder management and interpersonal skills at both a technical and non-technical level
• Development of componentized systems such as CMS, transactional, and online self-service portals
• Development of UIs for multi-lingual Apps, including Arabic and Chinese