We offer a thrilling and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment across a world class organisation. It is up to you to you use this occasion for professional and personal development and to build an attractive career within an ambitious environment with a lot of future international career opportunities.
Maersk Line offers a fast paced, stimulating and truly international atmosphere with activities in Scandinavia and Rotterdam. As part of a global network, you will be working closely together with the number of internal stakeholders: dispatch teams, equipment, finance and commercial team and, other Local Sourcing Leads in the region.
The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees; you are valued as part of our team.
You will work with colleagues in a large variety of positions and roles enabling you to build a great network within Maersk Group.
• Supports / Manages procurement projects, as per the Six Souring Steps across a wide range of procurement areas with responsibility for stated region
• According to authority level, manage, handle or participate in negotiations for inland contracts, tariffs and Service Level Agreements within your scope.
• Act as an escalation point internally towards suppliers (and vice versa)
• Calculate and plan to maximise contractual values and mitigate risk
•Cooperating closely with colleagues and stakeholders in LOC, and within Maersk Line & Hamburg Sud with Country clusters, Centre Inland, Inland Network Design, Network & Products, and other LOC/Regional centres.
• Tactical & ad hoc Procurement activities within the region (providing local solutions by applying local knowledge)
• Participate in cross functional NEU LOC projects (within PRO, or outside of PRO)
•Perform supplier market analysis and organise market intelligence for suppliers in scope and benchmark Maersk Liner Business costs with competition and ensure we are cost competitive.
• Support Inland Growth Initiatives
• Facilitate root cause analysis for non-performing contracts
•Support Sourcing Lead where needed
•Upon request, engage in Annual Priority, Joint Cost Plan initiatives, and other cross functional projects.
The ideal candidate should have 4-5 years of work experience on a similar position within shipping or logistics sector, ideally managing truck and rail providers.
We expect that you have exceptional analytical and negotiation skills, project management skills as well as a very good understanding of logistics and finance.
Additionally, you have the natural ability to manage stakeholders, ability to communicate at all levels, work with peers and virtual teams.
Position is based in either Gothenburg, Sweden or Aarhus, Denmark.
Since the corporate language is English, proficiency in written and spoken English is a must
If you have what it takes, we look forward to receiving your application!