We offer a permanent position in a role with great development opportunities as part of a dynamic, fast paced global company. We have a lean and flat structure with a performance driven culture, and you will have significant independence to shape your role and contribute to successful performance of our team and our company.
Svitzer has grown globally through new contracts and acquisitions, and the position offers the possibility of continuous professional and personal development, both within Svitzer and throughout Maersk. We encourage our employees to assume ownership of their personal and professional development, and we are strong believers of on-the-job-development and learning through new tasks and on-going feedback. You will also participate in relevant courses and seminars, when applicable.
Reporting to the Head of Accounting and Controlling, the successful candidate will join the Accounting and Controlling Team based in Copenhagen and supported by offshore colleagues in Pune in India, which is part of Svitzer Group Finance consisting of twelve specialized finance professionals with various backgrounds, ensuring a dynamic and challenging work environment.
The role does not require regular travel, maximum 10 travel days per year should be expected.
As Finance Manager for Svitzer Head Office, you will be working closely with colleagues across all functional areas in the Head Office as well as with finance functions in our regions and in the Maersk Group to successfully deliver on the following responsibilities:
• Handle bookkeeping and tax accounting for our Danish companies in full compliance with statutory and Group reporting requirements;
• Oversee and supervise our offshore accountants located in Pune in India;
• Handle month, quarter and year-end tasks and reporting;
• Ensure VAT compliance for the Danish companies and coordinate input for tax returns;
• Handle internal recharges to our regions;
• Ensure compliance with established internal processes and control procedures;
• Prepare statutory accounts for several Danish companies;
• Coordinate with external and internal auditors;
• Coordinate reporting to Danish authorities and organisations such as Statistics Denmark, etc.
You are an energetic finance professional and enjoy working in a busy international environment. You are structured and have good analytical and communication skills. You enjoy taking ownership and responsibility for assigned tasks and are focused on ensuring high quality of deliverables, and continuously improving processes.
You have a relevant Bachelor or Master Degree in Finance or Accounting and come with 3-5 years of professional experience from a similar position, covering all finance processes. In addition, you are an experienced user of MS Office and understanding of Navision and Basware is an advantage.
As you will be working with external parties in Denmark and our working language is English, you must be fluent in both oral and written Danish and English. You must also hold a valid Danish residence and work permit.