Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Agriculture & Bioenergy, you will work across the agricultural value chain to provide biological solutions that help feed and fuel a growing world.
Strategy & Business Development Manager, Animal Health & Nutrition Commercial, Bagsvaerd
We are looking for a person with high level of energy and a can-do attitude to enter the role as Strategy & Business Development manager, Animal Health & Nutrition.
In Animal Health & Nutrition we are working with leading industry partners to provide biological solutions to feed a growing world population. Sustainability concerns and demand for natural solutions in the agriculture and feed industry provide significant growth potential for Novozymes. To realize this potential, we have a Strategy & Business Development team working to explore new business areas and growth platforms created on Novozymes science and technology.
In this position, you will be anchored in the Strategy & New Business team, responsible for identifying and driving new business ventures and early stage projects by which you will be exposed to many different areas and content.
Some of your key tasks will be to:
- Investigate and provide insights on relevant industry and technology trends and identify opportunities from these insights
- Conduct detailed market analysis of business opportunities including assessments of e.g., strategic fit for Novozymes AH&N, challenges, customer needs and market/sales potential, and refine/update the analysis throughout the life of the projects
- Take the project lead on pipeline projects in cooperation with the RD organization, ensure project team deliver on project goals and milestones and help to achieve a fast and viable route to market
- Pro-actively lead dialogues and negotiations with partners, serve as a key coordination point and go-to person for partners on tactical and strategic level and secure partner satisfaction
- Facilitate strategy discussions at all levels of the organization and work closely with other NZ functions to ensure valuable input and strong support for the AH&N Strategy & New Business activities
- Secure successful implementation of new business until fully operationalized by other functions
The position offers you great variation in tasks, both recurring and new, where your key responsibilities will be:
- To build on the strategic plan for the full animal health and nutrition unit and translate high-level strategies and ideas into tangible action plans that can drive long-term value for the business
- To identify growth opportunities within the Animal Health and Nutrition space and drive these through strategic partnerships
- To initiate and drive business development projects and maintain a healthy pipeline of ideas and projects at different stages of maturity
As a motivated self-starter, you know the value of networking and enjoy working with colleagues and partners from around the globe and various educational backgrounds. For the right individual, this is a fantastic opportunity for a career in an international fast-paced environment with a large degree of responsibility and autonomy.
You will be expected to travel 30 - 40 days per year.
In this position you need to have:
- A degree on a Master level in either the Natural Sciences (e.g., Microbiology, Veterinary, Engineering background) or Business (e.g., MBA)
- 3-5 years of experience from top-tier management consulting firm and/or strategy/business development role in a large corporation with good track record – alternatively good track record within Novozymes
- Exceptional problem-solving skills combined with a curious and creative mind-set and an appetite for thinking outside the box and exploring new solutions and ideas
- Strong project management skills and experience leading multiple complex projects independently
- Excellent command of PowerPoint and Excel and ability to present analysis and solutions to complex problems or challenges in a precise manner
- Strong English communication skills – written, spoken and in presentations
- Broad knowledge about the Animal Health & Nutrition industry is an advantage
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bio innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Ranked #2 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2017.
For more information please contact David Lentz, Director Strategy & New Business Animal Health & Nutrition by phone +45 3077 2063
Application deadline: August 23, 2018. As we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis, please send your application online as soon as possible.
Please submit your motivated cover letter, CV and a copy of your diploma(s) when you apply for the position.