Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Java Developer, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong profes-sional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Application Development, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and implementing new ways of working.
• Participation in the elaboration of user stories (technical and functional). Agree stories are sufficiently described for their implementation, verification and delivery.
• Responsible for the quality design and implementation (supportable, maintainable, scalable, performant, secure) of applications delivering business value
• Ensuring builds are kept green and the code management strategy (branching) is closely followed.
• Participate in collaborative activities; pairing on tasks, peer review of team members’ code and constructive feedback for improvement in both the code base and team capability (embraces blame free feedback)
• Proactive contribution to continual improvements within your team through both active participation in retrospectives and from engagement with cross team best practice communities
• Technical support during cut-over activities
• Technical support in- and out-of-hours as part of team’s support rota
• Excellent implementation skills, primarily Java, SpringBoot, and associated unit testing frameworks
• Effective integration of testing into development workflow; using appropriate test frameworks
• Build tooling (e.g. Maven)
• Capability for occasional work in UI layer.
• Good experience of continual delivery pipeline tools (Jenkins, Ansible, ..)
• Good verbal communication skills; able to articulate clearly to technical team members during agile ceremonies and to work with product owners in the elaboration of user stories
• Able to work in a highly collaborative environment as part of an effective delivery squad
• Good critical reasoning and problem solving skills Experience
• Agile software development experience, preferable with experience of XP or other high collaboration approaches
• Using BDD and TDD approaches and tooling
• Fast turnaround development experience
• Continuous delivery – including shippable product per sprint delivery cadence
• Service orientated and microservice architecture
• Shared-nothing architecture, domain driven design and bounded context
• High volume transactional systems
• Use of API gateway products (Akana pref)
• Appreciation of the importance of coherent software architecture and design
• Loosely coupled message or event based architectures
• A full understanding of eventual consistency concepts, preferably hands on experience
• Active contributor to open source projects would be beneficial