Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As a DevOps Engineer you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Mobile, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and implementing new ways of working.
In this role you will:
• Work with a talented and highly engaged team of Engineers, Relationship Managers and Product Team
• Automate infrastructure deployments for customer environments on Microsoft Azure platform
• Architect Azure environment best practices and deployment methodologies
• Create automation tools and processes to improve Team and day to day functions
• Provide a continuous Fanatical Support experience for our customers
We would like to hear from you if you can demonstrate Expertise and technical skills in the following:
• 2+ years experience as a DevOps engineer.
• Experience automating and orchestrating workloads on Azure
• Experience in scripting specifically PowerShell.
• Experience with GIT and/or Visual Studio Online, Jenkins, Docker, Azure automation
• Proficient leveraging CI/CD tools to automate testing and deployment
• Experience in the Azure services & APIs.
• Working knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows and/or Linux)
• Knowledge of databases (SQL Server)
• A strong working understanding of networking, including load balancing and firewall methodologies
• Knowledge of Azure federation services is preferred.
• Good knowledge of application development using Agile, and DevOps best practices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate both technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences
• Effective with time management and expected deliverables
• An ability to multi-task
• Practical hands-on experience on Azure using key services like VM, Azure API, Service Bus, N Service Bus, Key Vaults, VSTS
• Infrastructure Architecture – designing high availability, performant and secure solutions using Public/Private cloud.
• Working within an Agile environment, including the use of Scrum and Kanban