The Digital team at Maersk offers a unique opportunity to leverage technology to impact global trade via the largest container shipping company in the world.
We operate in a fast-paced environment utilizing modern technologies and bias toward action. We are agile, value outcomes, and are passionate about using technology to solve problems.
Maersk provides a diverse group of global colleagues and immense variety of real-world problems. The Digital team operates within this environment and provides opportunities for growth in technology and industry across geographic and cultural borders.
• Partner directly with the business to understand, decompose, and scope technical solutions that will create value internally or externally
• Create full-stack technical solutions utilizing our internal platforms that are scalable and maintainable
• Operate in agile scrum teams and independently direct time and resources
• Build data pipelines and complex engineering required to sustainably source data into a cloud environment
• Collaborate with our technical organizations to source data and interoperate with existing systems
• Embed with business teams to understand processes and requirements and fit solutions within this framework
• Contribute to our core digital platform and augment capabilities to build data assets and continuously improve our platform offering
• Strong engineering background, with a degree or experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Engineering, or Data Science
• Independent and self-directed individuals that thrive in ambiguity
• Deep experience with data technologies, from relational databases to big data solutions
• Data engineering and pipeline technology experience - particularly open source and modern frameworks
• Desire and ability to learn the business and become an expert in the industry
• Familiarity with compiled languages + algorithms and data structures
• Good instincts around data and experience with analytics and machine learning
• Willingness to operate as a full-stack engineer and desire to create end-to-end solutions
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with technical and non-technical team members
• Willingness and interest to travel when required to be close to our internal and external customers