We are now looking for a Customer Solution Associate to join our Solution Customer Service team of 10 dedicated colleagues in Aarhus.
The role as a Customer Solution Associate will allow you to get to work with well renowned Scandinavian companies and their complex Supply Chain Management solutions.
The position will through the day to day interaction with both customers, vendors and colleagues around the world offer lots of challenges and opportunities to positively impact a future career with Damco.
The position will also offer plenty of opportunities to develop and excel in projects and LEAN management as ever working smarter and more efficient is a corner stone.
Day-to-day activities in the Solution department revolves around our complex customer solutions. Activities include coordinating the entire chain of transport from origin to destination starting with following up on purchase orders and ensuring timely departure - in case of deviations finding the best alternative solutions in close collaboration with colleagues and carriers.
Moreover, there will be a continuous flow of projects on the customers handled or in connection with implementation of new customers.
Key responsibilities are:
• Manage the chain of transport from origin to destination, both import and export, as per SOP.
• Coordination with origin colleagues in ensuring timely follow up and reporting of deviations.
• Continuous monitoring of “on water” business.
• Destination handling and coordination – advising of containers, customs processes, and last mile delivery.
• Developing on existing customer solutions.
• Project management, continuous improvement and customer implementation.
• Maintaining and developing customer relations.
You are a Freight forwarder, ideally within sea freight. We prefer candidates with a mixed experience of import, export and cross trade and other products, e.g. air freight. An academic background would be a plus – within Supply Chain Management or similar.
You have a healthy drive for personal development.
We believe the ideal candidate:
• Has 2 years of experience from freight forwarding, preferably from Sea freight
• Professional attitude/behavior
• Has great communication skills and tackle challenges with proactivity.
• Has a natural curiosity and thrive when solving problems and taking ownership.
• Shipping/Logistics industry knowledge
• Ability to prioritize (own and others tasks) combined with good planning skills
• Presentation/facilitation skills
• Well organized with strong attention to detail
• Team player with a “can do” attitude
• Master English and Danish on business level
Knowledge about SCM customers and setup would be a great plus, as well as technical skilled and interested (excel, EDI, systems).
Applications will be read continuously, so do not wait with your application!