The Maersk Analytics team is committed to developing digital products by extracting insights from data by the application of domain expertise, tools and technology, and is specialized in development of digital products using statistical modelling, optimization and machine learning. The team is at the forefront of developing industry leading solutions & analytical applications for the organization.
As a MSc intern, you will be integrated into a data scientist environment that offers the unique opportunity to apply cutting-edge knowledge of mathematical and statistical methods to create results and insights that will (continue to) transform our business moving forward.
The first part of the internship consist of full time working hours where you will be part of the daily working rhythm at Mærsk Analytics, and will be placed in the summer 2017. The second part of the internship you will write your MSc Thesis with us and will be placed in the fall 2017 (according to your University schedule).
This is an extremely exciting time to join a fast paced, growing and dynamic team that solves some of the toughest problems in the industry and builds the future of trade & logistics. At A.P. Moller Maersk we focus on the individual’s development and the right candidate will have broad possibilities to further develop competencies in an environment characterised by change and continuous progress.
As a MSc intern you will participate in various projects in strong collaboration from a team of data scientist and data engineers. Your responsibilities will be to:
• First one-two months: You will dedicate full time for integration into team and deliver on digital products in collaboration with fellow team members.
• Last five months: You will still be integrated in your team, but spend the majority of your time to deliver on your MSc Thesis project with support from fellow team members.
• Pursuing a MSc Degree within data science, optimization, mathematical modeling and computer science or similar with top grades.
• Must be currently enrolled in a full time MSc degree program and as part of the internship write the MSc Thesis with Mærsk Digital.
• Experience using one or more languages like Python, R, Ruby, and Java.
• Preferred but not required is experience using one or more technologies like Hadoop, Git / Stash, JIRA / Rally.
• Strong interdependent skills as well as a team player
• Strong communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Excellent proficiency in both written and oral English