We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and challenging yet fun work environment.
There will be the possibility of continuous professional and personal development and for gaining a professional and social network. We offer a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities spread around the globe in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte, Philippines and India.
The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees. You will be part of a highly-engaged team responsible for changes to several core business critical applications, including our global order and handling system.
We are moving to work in an agile/kanban environment, and participate in daily scrum meetings. Your colleagues will be a range of developers, business and technical analysts, testers and managers, located in Maidenhead, India and Copenhagen.
Your will work out of the Maidenhead office or remotely, and the job (depending on the role) will require travel of 6 – 12 weeks/year to Copenhagen and India mainly.
As the Senior Developer you will work closely with the project team on the following key tasks:
• Implement or delegate technical execution or responsibilities when appropriate.
• Analysis of requirements to design best possible solution
• Develop or ensure code is at high standard and specification in accordance with current framework
• Assist as required in scope definition, technical viability scoping and best practice solution design to meet the requirements
• Assist in and where appropriate review, the estimation, time and cost of a specific solution design
• Write, deliver code and participate in code walkthroughs according to the requirements of the functional specifications
• Where appropriate, provide guidance to the Development Manager in the development of solutions
• Highlight all risks and issues that affect the development or deliveries
• Directing technical aspect of operations related to escalated client accounts or high severity issues as they affect or confront the project or team.
• Attending to both business and technical considerations when designing solutions
• Demonstrating interest in improving the company’s technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the business.
• Participating in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development.
• Ability to communicate with business and stakeholders on all levels
• A minimum of 5+ years’ experience as a software developer
• Experience working with Oracle DB.
• Strong C++ skills
• Experience with highly available mission critical software applications
• Windows MFC or related UI development is a plus
BEA Tuxedo knowledge is a plus
• Experience with SOA based systems
• Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
• Ability to partner with software engineers and testers to identify courses of resolutions
• Experience with agile/iterative software development methodologies
• Strong methods mindset and experience with development methods and processes
• Structured and ambitious, with a highly analytical mind-set and excellent problem solving skills
• Collaborative, with strong facilitation and people skills / personal impact
• Highly motivated and work well under pressure
• Innovative, with the ability to think outside the box
• Fact based and result oriented
• Diplomatic, with the ability to act in an often complex business environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication is a must