An exciting and attractive career is offered in an ambitious and competitive international environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte and India.
The Test Architect:
• Provides technical leadership and strategic direction to the Test and Assurance Team
• Pro-actively analyses current processes and practises, suggesting and driving improvements to test coverage, execution and automation.
• Has wide reaching scope, impact and influence extending beyond test and assurance and spans across the MLIT product development teams
• Collaborates effectively and on an ongoing basis with all the constituents involved in product development and release activity including release management, test and assurance teams, development, operations, business and systems analysts, program and project management, product owners and others to ensure execution and deliverables per plan.
• Actively participates or leads in the development of test strategies, test estimating, test planning, delivery of all technical test services e.g. environment provisioning and management, automation, performance testing, test data management, service virtualisation.
• Mentors and guides junior staff to build overall capability within the department.
• Involved with understanding business requirements and works with the various stakeholders to translate those requirements in solution designs incorporating testability requirements into the design.
• Analyses products and technologies and makes appropriate suggestions to influence technical direction and use of technologies after making necessary evaluations.
• Is results oriented and has a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility. The expectation is that involving a test architect in a project is a guarantee of obtaining positive outcomes
• Expert knowledge of current industry wide quality and test processes and practises, tools and techniques
• Ability to work with teams, to influence, to co-operate, to collaborate are essential key skills to get teams working at outstanding levels
• Excellent communication skills across all levels
• Self-Management is a key attribute expected for this role. Being able to work without the need for follow up or too much management is important. Self-motivated and self-starter once work assigned results are guaranteed almost always.
• Extensive technical skills covering product, technologies are essential, it is not sufficient to be a specialist in any one area or technology.
• Actively pursuing continuous learning to constantly update skills and keep abreast of current developments in the industry
• Ability to strategize and look ahead at the big picture
• Detailed software analysis and design knowledge is needed while also having a solid background in software quality and testing. Must have hands on experience having performed both functional and non-functional testing and can review requirements, design and code as needed.
• Detailed hands on experience covering several the following technical areas with delivery at scale:
- Test Data Management, Test Automation Frameworks, Service Virtualisation, Performance Engineering and Testing, Systems integration, PaaS, IaaS