Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Application Architect - Projects you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Application Architecture, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and implementing new ways of working.
• Acting as focal point and subject matter expert for the application(s) in scope
• Responsible for translating business, information and technical requirements into an architectural model/blueprint that outlines the most appropriate software solutions to achieve critical business objectives
• Providing and maintaining application roadmaps
• Working with enterprise architecture, solution architecture as well as application and infrastructure teams to produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for each project
• Providing design recommendations based on long-term IT organization strategy
• Developing enterprise level application and custom integration solutions including major enhancements and interfaces, functions and features
• Working and designing with a DevOps mindset to further the continuous integration and deployment evolution
• Providing expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business
• Researching and applying knowledge of emerging technologies and possible application to the business
• Acting as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor and change agent
• Assisting in identification and definition of non-functional requirements and Technical Architecture Documents
• Advising on solution test strategy and scope
We want to talk to you if you have the following skill set:
• Archimate modelling;
• Collaboration skills
• Agile and waterfall project models;
• Various skills in accordance with the applications being maintained and developed in 2018, with a mix of the following :
• Application Deployment
• Application Design and Architecture
• Cloud Technologies and Microservice design
• Design for DevOps and Automation