The opportunity to work in a truly international environment in the dynamic and ever changing offshore shipping industry. The nature of the industry and its global reach results in a complex but engaging indirect tax ecosystem where you will be able to deliver some real value to the business.
When joining us, you will work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength.
For the right profile we offer great development opportunities and the chance to influence your own role.
You will join our Finance Team and be based at our Head Office in Lyngby, Denmark.
Reporting directly to the Head of Tax, you will be responsible for establishing our new MSS stand-alone indirect tax framework as well as managing outsourced compliance.
This will entail:
• Project managing information flow to tax compliance outsourcing provider (both indirect taxes and direct taxes);
• Responsibility for all indirect tax compliance internationally across a broad spectrum of jurisdictions in conjunction with local finance managers and outsourcing providers;
• Refining and improving indirect tax control framework;
• Managing the development and implementation of tax technology solutions where appropriate;
• Business partnering with operations and procurement teams;
• Assessing indirect tax position in relation to new business opportunities;
• Working closely with shared service centre to ensure high level of quality of transactional data.
You have a relevant academic qualification. In addition, you have strong EU VAT knowledge and you are interested in working in a truly international business and broadening your field of expertise both technically and globally.
You have several years of relevant experience from an accounting firm, tax administration or an in-house tax function. You are a self-starter who is able to work autonomously.
You are able to explain complex issues concisely and effectively to non-tax literate colleagues.
You are decisive and action oriented especially in situations where there may be a degree of ambiguity.