An exciting and attractive career is offered in an ambitious and competitive international environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte and India.
A vacancy exists for a systems engineer / build manager. You will be working as a key member within a highly agile environment delivering business value through an API centric microservices architecture.
You will be expected to work hand in hand with product owners, development, testing and infrastructure people to identify and realise engineering solutions to enable increased efficiency across the full development, delivery and support lifecycle. This include developer tooling, delivery automation tooling and tooling enabling a ‘stop the line’ culture (dash boarding / monitoring / chat channel bots / ..).
The Systems Engineer position is a hands-on expert role. You must be an individual who thrives on providing technical solutions to problems and who constantly seeks opportunities for improvement.
Someone joining our team today can expect the majority of their time to be spent working with:
• CI / CD pipeline tooling (such as Jenkins, Ansible, Nexus, ..)
• Test automation tooling enablement (such as Gattling, LoadRunner, ) including BDD and TDD tooling (Cucumber, ..)
• Infrastructure build tools, such as Ansible, in order to codify, provision and configure services, nodes and networks.
• Containerization technology, such as Docker / Kubernetes, to package, run and orchestrate services.
• Monitoring and reporting tools (dashboards, chat bot solutions)
• Configuration Management tool experience, preferably Ansible in a windows environment
• Must have PowerShell scripting experience
• Must have experience of Jenkins, TFS/VSTS, TeamCity or similar CI tools
• Must have good experience of using a modern Source Control system, e.g. Git.
• Must have strong windows development platform experience.
• Must be willing to do things in a unified way, as we work on both Unix and Windows platforms.
• Azure cloud based product experience.
Nice to Have:
• Windows build tools, eg CMake, MS Build, NANT
• Python Scripting Experience
• Orchestration tooling experience, e.g. Kubernetes
• Database experience, particularly SQL Server or Oracle DB
• NoSQL experience, particularly Cassandra
• Modern .NET ecosystem
• Modern Java ecosystem
• IIS experience
• WebLogic experience
• Akana knowledge or other API gateway’s
• Akamai knowledge
• Good Networking knowledge
• Good experience of agile collaboration tools, e.g. Jira, Confluence
• Linux Command line skills
• Other SCM tools such as ClearCase, Subversion
• Virtualization experience