The successful candidate will gain knowledge about the processes around Maersk’s automated development pipeline that moves features onwards from development to production.
Maersk can offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development, working with highly skilled and very motivated technical people which will guarantee a high-paced learning environment with a focus on individual ambitions.
Maersk Headquarters at Esplanaden and the IT Headquarters at Dampfærgevej are highly international and inspiring environments with an attractive value proposition for the employees.
As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient.
In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women.
Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year.
You are also invited to participate in our abundant breakfast and lunch scheme and take advantage of our fully equipped in-house fitness centre at Esplanaden, as well as a number of other recreational offers.
The Developer will work in a cross functional agile team with application development and analysis as the main tasks, and will participate in sprint planning, backlog grooming and task estimation.
Further responsibilities will be to work closely with the whole agile team to identify risks and drive the development of automated tests.
• Code contribution to a development pipeline governed by continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) principles
• Supporting the developed features transition though the development pipeline and into the production environment
• Participation in quality design (supportable, maintainable, scalable, secure) and implementation of software required to deliver significant business value
• Participation in refinement of user stories (technical and functional) into design sketches and tasks
• Proactively contribute to continual improvements within the team through both retrospective analysis and cross team communities
• May be required to participate in an on-call rotation in periods
The ideal candidate will have some experience with turning visual designs into rich and well-functioning web applications, which should include the desire to proactively seek best practice implementations, and will be comfortable with creating user interfaces on top of a REST-based service layer.
An understanding of the processes and requirements expressed by business stakeholders is required, and a desire to strive to create UI with great user experiences that fulfill these needs is essential
Must have experience with the following:
• Unit testing
Experience with the following would be of benefit:
• Angular Material
• Azure Cloud
• Source code integration with GIT
• Agile software development
The candidate will want to improve as Front-End Developer e.g. by gaining experience with:
• Unit testing
• Fast turnaround development (prototyping)
• Continuous delivery pipeline tools like (VSTS/TFS)
From a personal perspective, the role will also require the following:
• The ability to articulate clearly to the technical team members
• Strong analytical skills
• The ability to work independently and in teams to meet sprint goals
• The ability to drive tasks to completion
• The ability to effectively express and present ideas/information within the team
• Good verbal communication skills - both written and spoken in fluent English
As a performance-oriented company, Maersk strives to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. The company is proud of its diversity and sees it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.