Business Applications Domain
Microsoft’s Business Applications Domain helps customers maximize their investment in Microsoft Dynamics solutions and the full portfolio of Microsoft Products through accelerated adoption and productive use of technologies. The Microsoft Business Applications Domain team is part of a global organization of exceptional people who lead and serve our partners as they realize their full potential through software and services.
The Project Manager in the Business Applications Domain supports the Program Manager and takes responsibility for project delivery and execution on one or more of Microsoft’s Dynamics projects at our customers. The role requires deep project management experience in a consulting organization, broad technology knowledge, and the ability to facilitate the successful deployment of a complex ERP or CRM solution across multiple business teams within an organization.
The Project Manager will help identify, pursue, and close strategic business development opportunities while continually driving add-on business within existing accounts. To accomplish this, the Project Manager must be effective in fostering executive level relationships. The successful candidate will help translate business needs into technology solutions which will be formulated in contracts and/or statements of work (SOW).
The Project Manager is a key enabler for the success of an engagement, orchestrating Microsoft consultants, offshore resources, and partner staff. They manage the complete lifecycle of large and complex projects, and have a passion for customers that is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience. The Project Manager is a leader; they will walk the halls, understand what’s happening, and lead their team, the customer, and the project’s delivery partners. They must have a good grasp of the basics of project management, and the personality and experience to be the go-to person for the project. The Project Manager must understand the needs of the customer (Statement of Work, Conditions of Satisfaction), Microsoft (needs of all internal stakeholders), and the vision of Microsoft Services and Microsoft Business Solutions, and be able to steer a path to meet the needs of all.
The Project Managers in the Business Applications Domain act as mentor for project teams engaged in large Business Solutions implementations.
The successful candidate will have a BS/BA degree, or equivalent work experience and 8+ years hands-on project management experience with large scale enterprise, global ERP or CRM solutions (such as Dynamics, Oracle, SAP and Lawson, Salesforce.com etc.) in multiple industries.
The job will require frequent travel (65% +).
English verbal and written communications skills are a must, and fluency in another language (such as Arabic, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, or others) is preferred but not essential
• PMI PMP Certified Project Manager desirable
• Successfully delivered 5+ ERP and/or CRM for enterprise class customers
• Excellent communications (up / down / peers)
• Experience in supporting contractual & commercial management and execution
• Executive relationship management
• Proven track level in business domain & technical conversation
• Experienced in day to day project management including staffing, milestones, cost management, and deliverables.
• Overall Responsibility for Project Delivery
• Scope Management & Change Control
• Project Issue Management
• Project Risk Management
• Subcontractor-Project Control (Partners, Global Delivery, and ISVs)
• Weekly Status Reporting and Project Health
• Additional Microsoft-internal reporting
• Work Order Amendments and general contract administration
• Timesheet and Expense Submission, Tracking, and Approval
• Personnel On-boarding / Rolling-off
• Task Management
• Manage Project Documentation
• Contractor and Client Invoice Management and Approval
• Quality Plan Execution
• Facilitate Peer Reviews
• Project Knowledge and IP management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Microsoft’s privacy statement can be viewed on the following web page: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/privacystatement