At Maersk we focus on the individual’s development and the right candidate will have broad possibilities to further develop competencies in financial reporting in an environment characterised by change and continuous improvement.
The position offers an unmatched learning opportunity for a knowledge-seeking and ambitious controller who wishes to achieve insight into the diverse activities and grow within the Maersk Group.
Our work covers a wide field from supporting business units with reporting to high-level analysis, with significant variety and flexibility.
Your future career path from here might lie in gaining more responsibility, including managerial, either in Group Accounting, or in one of our eight business units.
You will quickly build an international professional network through daily contact with a wide range of departments across functions and geographies within the Group.
Learn more about our culture and business on LinkedIN.
Your role as Group Financial Controller will among other things include:
• Directly participating in the planning and preparation of the Group’s interim and annual consolidated financial statements;
• Guiding and supporting your dedicated Business Unit with complex accounting transactions, practical implementation of IFRS and consolidation issues;
• Handling intercompany transaction between APMM Group entities and solving the plugs by efficient communication to stakeholders
• Preparing accounting and reporting instructions according to IFRS;
• Conducting compliance visits in various APMM entities in the world
• Driving and ensuring execution of ad hoc initiatives and participation in projects;
• Challenging the existing processes to improve and reduce non-value adding activities.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength.
The preferred candidate will hold a relevant financial degree, e.g. Master’s degree in finance, auditing or accounting, alternatively a Graduate diploma (HD) in Accounting or equivalent.
Further, you have 3-5 years of relevant experience in financial controlling, financial reporting, IFRS and/or as an auditor of large/medium-sized companies.
Knowledge of consolidation and HFM is an advantage.
You put theory into practice and possess strong analytical skills that enable you to make sound and reliable assessments in accounting matters. You are not afraid of challenging the existing processes and strive for improvement through knowledge sharing.
In addition, you produce high quality results with attention to detail without losing the overall perspective, even in a sometimes hectic environment.
You are an ambitious and goal-oriented individual. You take ownership of your assignments and are able to achieve results independently, while also being a driving force and motivator in a team.
Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory, while Danish is not required.
We will look at applications on an ongoing basis and the position may be closed before last application date.