Developing the membranes according to customers need, is at the core of Alfa Laval Nakskov’s strategy.
As our new innovative Development Engineer you will be a part of the further development of a competitive membrane portfolio and the continuous improvement of working processes.
In the role of Development Engineer, you will work with colleagues from different parts of the organisation.
• Manage product development projects, technology projects, quality implementation projects and process optimization.
• Ensure continuous development (and maintenance) of existing products.
• Build-up the approach and strategy in how to make membranes using literature search, external input and internal tools.
• Create and follow up on the budget for development projects, including the estimated cost for the final product in close corporation with you team and the R&D Manager.
• Ensure that the choice of chemicals and production method does not conflict with existing environmental and safety legislation.
• Perform lab-scale tests and chemical analysis to evaluate prototype performance.
• Improve QC methods.
• Collect and analyse data from pilot productions documenting reproducibility and acceptable variation in production parameters.
• Build-up and provide Operations with the necessary production documentation.
• Optimize the method to manage the waste water generated in the production process.
• Provide support to Operations, Quality and Sales departments.
• Communicate the progress of work to the organization through R&D reports and presentations.
Who are you?
You, as the ideal candidate, are a Chemical Engineer (M.Sc or PhD) with practical experience in polymer chemistry from an R&D and/or manufacturing environment. You speak and write English fluently.
As a person, you are self-driven and able to work independently. Your mindset is structured and analytical and your conclusions are data-driven. You thrive on challenges and enjoy performing and delivering as part of a team.
It comes natural for you to share your knowledge, results and challenges with your colleagues.
Alfa Laval can offer you a challenging and stimulating role at the factory in Nakskov with full responsibility for development projects and daily contact with interdisciplinary and international collaboration partners.
Alfa Laval promotes an open and friendly working climate, where focus is on performing and supporting each other in order to grow and to deliver value for customers.
JKS CAREER is handling the recruitment process on behalf of Alfa Laval Nakskov A/S.
For additional information please contact Senior Recruitment Consultant Anika Gormsen at +45 3085 1295.
We process applications on a continuous basis so please send your application, CV and other relevant documents as soon as possible but no later than the 4th of February 2018.
To submit your application please click the button below "Søg Stillingen".
Alfa Laval Nakskov is Alfa Laval’s global centre for development, production and sales of membranes and advanced liquid separation system for biotech & pharma, food, process and waste water industries.
We produce membranes ranging from microfiltration to reverse osmosis, as well as systems for membrane filtration.