At Maersk we offer you a unique opportunity for personal and professional development, as well as being part of a large scale transformation, building a strong platform for a future career in Maersk Transport and Logistic IT.
You will get to interact with leading IT vendors, internal subject matter experts, and internal and external IT professionals. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with a distinct respect for the individual.
The job will be based in Copenhagen or Maidenhead and be part of our enabling projects group, in Maersk Transport & Logistics IT. Some travel activity can be expected, though varying from project to project.
• As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing IT projects in close co-operation with the IT organization and other IT projects. This implies efficient planning, stakeholder, risk and change management and completion of projects with focus on maximizing value creation.
• You will be leading a sizeable global virtual team (both internal and vendor resources) with an extended stakeholder map.
• You will be providing leadership to more junior project managers and/or professional staff. You work independently within a broad framework.
• Your performance, use of our project model and tools and stakeholder management must ensure streamlined projects and excellent results. You will manage your project from initiation to delivery and enabling implementation of the software in the business.
• You will closely together with a team of professional business analysts, test managers and technical /solution specialists.
• You will drive discussions on objectives and scope with the project team to get an in-depth understanding of objectives and scope on a technical level
• Communicate progress and performance to the Programme Manager/Portfolio Manager
• Together with the Product Owner focus on optimizing and realizing satisfactory return on the investment.
We are looking for candidates with a proven track record.
• You have successfully managed large IT or technical projects of high complexity.
• 7-10 years’ experience as a project manager.
• You hold a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or have a similar background.
• It is crucial that you know the importance of delivering according to schedule and budget and can lead your projects to success.
• Strategic mind-set and an ability to convert complex problems into pragmatic solutions.
• Strong independent drive and goal orientation.
• You understand technical issues but are also able to maintain the overview, building bridges between business and IT.
• Ability to work across functions and disciplines and engage with different stakeholders at all levels.
Key Technical Skills
• You have experience working with application development, from solution design to component construction.
• Experience with agile, waterfall projects and Prince2
• Complex project planning across multiple workstreams/sub-projects
• Experience with infrastructure projects is a nice to have
• Knowledge of modern programming languages and technologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English) are a must.
• Continuous improvement mindset.
• A good listener, who is open for other people’s opinion, but who is not afraid of the difficult discussions and decisions.