Maersk Headquarters at Esplanaden and the IT Headquarters at Dampfærgevej are highly international and inspiring environments with an attractive value proposition for the employees.
As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient. In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women.
Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year.
You are also invited to participate in our abundant breakfast and lunch scheme and take advantage of our fully equipped in-house fitness centre at Esplanaden, as well as a number of other recreational offers.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
As an Automation Design Engineer you will work on activities related to ships Automation and control system projects, assist in design and developments of future ships control and automation system.
Your key tasks will be:
• Manage Control and automation system projects
• Marine Semi-autonomous vessel navigation and situational awareness systems developments
• Hybrid power and control systems developments, including batteries and integrated electrical propulsion system
• Makers Management, interaction with OEMs on control system development
• Design and technological advancement for next generation ship automation systems
• Support of various project within electrical, automation and control
• Work within an Agile process
• Establish automation framework to develop and supporting multiple systems
• Work closely with other teams to plan/manage monthly run process, improve reporting within the organization and move towards standardization of process
• Undertaking design verification and providing calculations as required for the project
• Conceptual design development as and when required during project
• Good at concept design and integration of different systems.
The ideal candidate will have Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electronics, Automation control or similar combined with at least 5 years of Marine industry experience preferably onboard sailing background.
You have experience in PLC or marine system programming as well as Marine Automation systems design and development.
Strong knowledge and experience with marine systems in theory and practice is a must.
• Are experienced in working with diesel Electrical Propulsion system.
• Have excellent ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Have strong process oriented approach to work and excellent attention to detail
• Are an excellent communicator and you have a proven track record of creating results through others whether internal or external
• Have solid understanding of advanced marine automation and control system
• Thrive in a dynamic environment
• Are a resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment and thrive in an international environment. You want to challenge and develop yourself
• Are solution oriented, assertive and used to overcoming resistance
• A team player who are able to work independently
The right candidate is a self-starter with curious nature and a drive to continuously optimize.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.