We are now looking for an experienced manager to head our Solution Customer Service and Operations team of 7 dedicated associates in Aarhus.
In this role you to supervise, control and support all operational and customer service activities in the Solution team, to assure that Supply Chain Management operations deliver optimal operational performance in accordance with business strategy and customer SLAs while at the same time focusing on leading and developing the team.
The position will through the day to day interaction with both customers, vendors and colleagues around the world offer lots of challenges and opportunities to positively impact a future career with Damco.
Your primary focus will be on leading the team and setting clear directions. You are responsible for a seamless cooperation with our Ocean Product and the Commercial Organisation which is key in order for the team to succeed.
Key responsibilities are:
• Leading, guiding and developing the Solution team and owning all operational and customer service activities.
• Project management, continuous improvement and customer implementation support.
• Maintaining and developing customer relations.
• Facilitating daily huddles and managing capacity in the team
• Perform regular sit-in’s with the team in order to continuously learn, validate and challenge the processes within the team.
• Create and facilitate training for team members, existing and new, when required
• Supporting in customer query resolution and exception handling
• Supporting team and acting as escalation point when needed
• Support the development of the team.
You are a Freight forwarder within sea freight. Ideally, you have a mixed experience of import, export, cross trade and supply chain management. An academic background would be a plus – within Supply Chain Management or similar.
You have a healthy drive for personal development, and wish to excel as a leader of others.
We believe the ideal candidate has:
• +5 years of experience from freight forwarding with at least 2 years experience as a leader.
• Experience in managing and working with Supply Chain Management solutions.
• Good technical understanding of systems and processes in a SCM environment.
• Great communication skills and tackle challenges with proactivity.
• A natural curiosity and thrive when solving problems and taking ownership.
• Ability to prioritise (own and others tasks) combined with good planning skills
• Presentation/facilitation skills
• Well organized with strong attention to detail
• Team player with a “can do” attitude
• A coaching mindset
• Master English and Danish on business level
Applications will be read continuously, so do not wait with your application!