In TORM, we all work together as “One TORM” to become the Reference Company in the product tanker industry, and we are looking for a new colleague with lots of potential for our highly skilled team in Hellerup, Copenhagen.
This is a great opportunity to work in a dual listed company and enjoy a role in an organization where teamwork, integrity and recognition are important values combined with an ambitious and results-oriented culture.
Financial Controlling is part of Group Finance in TORM. Group Finance is responsible for general accounting, financial controlling, consolidation, business controlling, accounts payable and cash management. Furthermore, Group Finance is responsible for delivering financial information to the monthly, quarterly and annual reports in compliance with national and international legislation. With offices in five countries besides Denmark, Group Finance is responsible for in- and external financial reporting as well as tax reporting for the subsidiaries and for the Group.
You will report to Head of Financial Controlling & General Accounting and will be a member of a skilled team, consisting of three controllers and five accountants based at TORM's office in Hellerup.
The tasks of the Financial Controller are versatile and will among other consist of:
- Consolidation of monthly and quarterly accounts for internal use and for external quarterly reporting to the stock exchange Preparation of the annual report (IFRS and 20-F)
- Continuous improvement of business processes
- Roll-out of global accounting guidelines and policies in the Group
- Participation in finance related projects, hereunder implementation of the new Microsoft Dynamics NAV platform
- Administration, registration and settlement of financial instruments as forward freight agreements and bunker swaps etc.
- Participation in business audit reviews and annual visits to the Group’s subsidiaries in Asia
- Participation in the preparation of Group tax income statements
- Ad hoc tasks and analyzes
The ideal candidate is a highly dedicated and business-oriented person, probably still early in the career. You have a solid educational background as for example graduate diploma in business administration or cand. merc. aud., and experience from a position within a financial controlling function or from a larger auditing firm will be considered an advantage.
Furthermore, we expect that you have/are:
- Experience with financial reporting, Group controlling, consolidation and reporting
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Self-motivated and proactive with significant drive
- Data-driven person with strong analytic and numeric skills
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written Danish and English
As the work environment is very important to us, the right candidate will be one who can contribute to the positive social atmosphere in the team.
A competitive salary which will reflect your experience and qualifications, and an attractive benefits package including bonus and pension as well as flexible working hours.
As an employee in TORM, you will be part of a leading, world-class shipping company. Our corporate culture is characterized by well-defined values and an informal but performance-oriented working environment.
TORM’s Sports Club, Employee Association, and Cultural Association offer a variety of activities for our employees during the year. Furthermore, we have a fantastic office building located at Tuborg Havn with a great lunch scheme provided by Meyers Canteen.
For further information about the position, please call Head of Financial Controlling and General Accounting, Karsten Kristensen (+45) 39178170 or HR Manager, Carina Cappelen (+45) 39179384.
Please submit your application and CV via the above link or our website www.torm.com/careers/ashore as soon as possible and no later than 15 January 2018.
Applications are evaluated continuously and interviews will take place as soon as possible. Your application will be treated with confidence, and our reply will be sent to the e-mail address from which you submitted your application.