The HR Manager position is an Area leadership position, the purpose of which is to develop, drive and manage the Human Resources function in Nordics and Eastern Europe (NEU) in order to deliver the right talent, in the right position, with the right skillset, at the right time to enable the business to meet its strategic objectives.
We are currently looking for a maternity cover for up to 12 months to continue the direction of the HR function going from admin support to a true HR business partnering role. A journey that was started more than a year ago and needs to be continued in order to make sure HR make the right value to the organisation.
The role covers Nordic and Eastern Europe and should preferably be based in Aarhus – Copenhagen is an option but would require extensive travels to Aarhus in order to stay close to the business.
The NEU HR manager will lead and develop a professional HR team (currently 3 people based in Denmark, Sweden and Russia) capable of delivering operational and strategic HR services in a legal / compliant, timely and customer-focused manner.
The HR function is currently on a journey which means the right candidate can make his/her foot print in the organisation by driving the right leadership behaviours and making sure people processes is seen as an integrated part of the people manager’s job.
Key responsibilities are:
• More than 7 years of functional experience, preferable in a Supply Chain / Logistics role and ideally from within Damco’s industry
• Prior record of leading an HR function (e.g. on country level)
• Strong track record within multiple of the core HR disciplines (recruitment, talent management, L&D, compensation, HR operations, employee relations)
• Proven track record in a matrix, multi-cultural, organization
• Strategic thinker, yet able to translate strategy into deployable action plans
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong communication, influencing and presentation skills – persuasive and confident in both one-to-one and one-to-many situations.
• Strong coaching skills
• Fluency in English - Danish is a plus