The successful candidate will gain knowledge about the processes around Maersk’s automated development pipeline that moves features onwards from development to production.
Maersk can offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development, working with highly skilled and very motivated technical people which will guarantee a high-paced learning environment with a focus on individual ambitions.
Maersk Headquarters at Esplanaden and the IT Headquarters at Dampfærgevej are highly international and inspiring environments with an attractive value proposition for the employees.
As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient.
In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women.
Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year.
You are also invited to participate in our abundant breakfast and lunch scheme and take advantage of our fully equipped in-house fitness centre at Esplanaden, as well as a number of other recreational offers.
The Senior Developer will work in a cross functional agile team, with tasks spanning from code contribution and analysis to active participation in sprint planning, backlog grooming and task estimation.
Further responsibilities will be the setting and maintaining of high technical standards in projects, along with working closely with the whole agile team to identify risks and drive the development of automated test - including the development of BDD acceptance tests.
• Code contribution to a development pipeline governed by continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) principles
• Supporting the developed features transition though the development pipeline and into the production environment
• Take responsibility for code delivery in a DevOPS organization – and see deliveries from a combined Dev, QA and operation perspective
• Responsible for the quality design (supportable, maintainable, scalable, secure) and implementation of software required to deliver significant business value
• Refinement of user stories (technical and functional) into design sketches and tasks
• Proactively contribute to continual improvements within the team through both retrospective analysis and cross team communities
• Advisory to product owners to identify and manage risks, issues and opportunities for the system
• May be required to participate in an on-call rotation in periods
The ideal candidate will have solid experience in turning visual designs into rich and well-functioning web applications, which involves architecture experience and the ability to proactively suggest best practice implementations.
Knowledge and experience creating user interfaces on top of a REST-based service layer, which are constructed as microservices is essential
Strong experience is required in the setting and maintaining of high technical standards in projects, along with being able to understand the business needs and processes, and to create UI with great user experiences when fulfilling these needs.
Must have strong experience with the following:
• Angular CLI
• Unit testing
Experience with the following would be of benefit:
• Angular Material
• ASP.NET Core / Web API
• Azure Cloud
• Source code integration with GIT
From a personal perspective, the role will also require the following:
• Agile and Scrum software development experience
• Fast turnaround development experience (prototyping)
• An understanding of the benefits of automated CI/CD development
• Good experience of continuous delivery pipeline tools like (VSTS/TFS)
• Good verbal communication skills; able to articulate clearly to the technical team members during agile ceremonies and to work with product owners in the refinement of user stories
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to plan tasks and work independently to meet predefined project deadlines and drive tasks to completion
• The ability to effectively express and present ideas/information within the team, both written and spoken in fluent English
As a performance-oriented company, Maersk strives to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. The company is proud of its diversity and sees it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.