This is a position where you will have the opportunity to develop a strong safety culture across assets – and experience how changes originating in you take hold throughout the organisation.
As HSE Site Advisor, you will join our HSE department in the Danish Business Unit (DBU) of Maersk Oil in Esbjerg, Denmark. The Esbjerg office constitutes the headquarters for all Maersk Oil production activities in the Danish sector of the North Sea. Maersk Oil has decided to enhance the HSE community on the offshore facilities.
You will be part of a lively environment, where you can develop a broad network, working with many internal and external stakeholders. The Community of HSE Site advisors consists of 15 dedicated safety professionals.
You will be a pro-active contributor to the teams who manage and operate the offshore assets by providing support, guidance, coaching and feedback to the respective offshore and onshore crews through coordinating, implementing and monitoring HSE related activities, campaigns and initiatives.
You will report directly to the OIM and have dotted reference to the functional Head of Operational Safety.
Being the focal point for safety culture enhancement and change, your objective will be to improve the levels of safety maturity. Your responsibilities will be to:
• Provide Safety Coaching on a one-on-one / crew / asset basis as identified and required
• Provide on-site pro-active safety advice to all levels of personnel / contractors
• Promote continual improvement to existing processes and practices and support and advise
• Drive improvement in offshore Emergency Response through exercise planning, delivery and coaching
• Lead, conduct and support as appropriate HSE monitoring activities including external and internal audits as required
• Provide support to Offshore Safety Representatives and Incident Free Ambassadors
• Be accountable for ensuring unwanted events are reported to the respective installation OIM in a timely manner and escalating reports to the function where necessary
• Provide daily sparring for the management team on the installation
A person who have thorough knowledge of offshore safety standards and best practises – and is able to turn these into meaningful guidance to colleagues. Other key personal traits are:
• Self-reliant and motivated (demonstrating a willingness to assume responsibility - and accountability).
• Structured approach
• Strong understanding of the business context of the role/discipline.
• Effective team player.
• Creation of followship and capability of being recognised as a leader in HSE across the business.
• Ability to assess and analyse information to identify improvements and to manage change.
• Intervention, written and verbal communication skills,.
• Ability to create positive relations to peers and stakeholders both internally and externally.
• Be action orientated, results driven and able to inspire others.
Your qualifications are:
• A relevant technical background e.g. B.Sc. within occupational safety, health or environment or equivalent.
• Qualified incident investigator
• Knowledge of major accident hazards, key safety legislation/regulations, process safety management
• Safety coaching skills and understanding when these should be applied to improve performance.
• Understand performance management system audits against industry and company standards.
• Experience with executing and supporting wider HSE / Operations programmes and initiatives.
• Understanding of management systems, gained either through use of HSE, production operations or information management including Safe Systems of Work.
• Ability to develop and deliver a variety of HSE related material for offshore crews to support company initiatives.
• NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent could be a benefit.
Please note that interviews may be conducted on an on-going basis. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible via the Apply link above.