The open source ecosystem is constantly evolving, vibrant with innovation, community developments, and events. From Linux and Docker to Node.js, Hadoop and NoSQL, just to name a few, open source projects and communities are flourishing and being adopted at a faster rate. At Microsoft, we are embracing and harnessing the power of open source through first class experiences in the hybrid cloud, increased support for open source and open standards. We are making, key investments, and building partnerships with open source vendors, projects and communities.
The Open Source & Application Marketing Lead is the Business owner driving Microsoft’s OSS & Apps strategy for every developer in Microsoft Western Europe Area (12 Subsidiaries). This role is responsible for accelerating Microsoft Azure growth by ensuring the right level of market awareness and selling capability/capacity through our sellers and partners with the right message in the right channel for every specific developer journey to Azure.
The role is instrumental in ensuring Microsoft's long-term success in an evolving industry. It brings unique skills and perspective to the field and helps Microsoft be more competitive by addressing new growth opportunities in the cloud. The central pivot for the OSS & Apps Lead role is how we work with open source to accelerate our Azure App innovaction cloud business in the Area.
The OSS & Apps Marketing Lead engages with and enables with marketing, through partner, so we can capture the entire cloud opportunity, including cloud OSS deals. They also own the Developer audience end to end, drives the value proposition and engages with the purpose of building pipeline and consumption.
• Drive marketing plan to support Azure OSS & Apps business objectives
o Build and execute the OSS & Apps marketing plan leveraging Corp C+E marketing core contents and other appropriate resources
o Execute OSS & Platform digital digital GEP to acquire, nurture and activate customers to drive Azure Consumed Revenue through OSS & Apps
o Define marketing strategy (Communities, events, meetups, etc) as well as build the right customer Journey for every developer
• Recruit and enable the Azure OSS & Apps breadth partner channel:
o Identify, recruit and enable local OSS & Apps partners (MSPs, SIs and ISVs) in conjunction with ENTERPRISE , GSMO and COMMERCIAL SOFTWARE ENGINEERING in the subsidiaries
o Drive marketing activities with key OSS GISVs (e.g. Red Hat, Pivotal, etc.) by leveraging the field playbook.
• Build a strong Azure OSS & Apps plan and lead execution in the area. Coach and mentor subsidiary C+E BGs and sales champs to meet local Azure OSS & Apps goals
Knowledge, experience and skills
Here is what we loved for you to bring to this role or be passionate to learn about:
• Deep knowledge of the open source ecosystem including technologies, languages and trends, business models, actors and competitors as well as influencers and communities. Willingness and motivation to continue to build OSS and Application knowledge. Technically adept.
• +8 years of experience in technical sales, marketing, business development or as a technologist in a multinational company handling multi-stakeholder strategy and go to market campaigns
• Technical experience in App/Dev and DevOps and Marketing/Scale engines experience
• Online and through Partner Sales background
• Ability to lead sales and parner teams
• Past success in demonstrating your ability to work effectively with multiple teams and stakeholders while generating energy, creating clarity and delivering results to the team and broader organization
• Cumputer Science or Electrical Engineering (B.S. /B.A) optimal, MBA preferred
• Drive for Results: Tenaciously pursues positive outcomes, using effective approaches to solve problems. Delivers on commitments and seeks increasingly challenging work. Takes responsibility and appropriately holds others responsible for actions, decisions, and goals.
• Customer and Partner Focus: Anticipates customer and partner needs, and focuses efforts to proactively meet and exceed their expectations. Recognizes and acknowledges quickly the problems, obstacles, and issues that customers and partners want to solve, and creates, or facilitates the creation of, the right products and services.
• Influencing Others: Communicates and networks effectively. Successfully persuades and influences others. Creates buy-in and change with people at all levels of the organization.
• Collaboration: Drives alignment and teamwork within a team, department, or across source organizational boundaries. Combines resources and joins efforts in order to achieve Microsoft’s goals.
• Sound Judgment / Deep Insight: Effectively scopes problems. Builds and applies a job-relevant knowledge base. Makes decisions with conviction.
• Adaptability: Demonstrates curiosity, and actively explores options. Responds efficiently to changing demands and circumstances. Functions effectively in ambiguous situations. Maintains a positive attitude in times of stress.
Join us as an Open Source and Application Innovation Marketing Lead for WE Area C+E Business Group and be one who empowers billions!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Join an international work environment that is characterised by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. We offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits. Microsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance.