Joining Maersk will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organization. As a Scrum Master you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as take part in the digitization of the transport and logistics industry.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We will provide you with opportunities that broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
We aim to be a world-class digital industrial that delivers business value turning ideas into prototypes and digital products powered by analytics and customer engagement. In the Digital organisation we are a growing team of more than 10 nationalities, based on three continents.
As part of the Digital Product Design & Development team you will be responsible for estimating work effort, planning sprint backlogs, facilitating daily scrums, and conducting sprint demo & retrospective meetings throughout all agile sprint phases for the project. Must understand and execute on backlog items by working closely with the Product Owner and the distributed project team, making sure deliverables reflect requirements, on-time with production quality. Play key role in resolving business and team conflicts. Must be actively involved in technical matters thus finding gaps and ensuring Product Owner involvement in business decisions and description of the business flow. Heavy Coaching activities will be performed in the first phase of the transformation journey.
Reporting to the Head of the Agile Transformation, you will serve as a Scrum Master across all the Transport & Logistics Division. The Scrum Master role involves understanding the agile processes, partnering with Product Owner/Client leadership teams, and working with project teams to deliver on-time and on budget.
We would like to hear from you if you can demonstrate the following:
• Mentor and Coach teams in agile processes and tools, and ensure to develop well scoped issues and epics and correct use of scrum process.
• Perform the role of Scrum Master for multiple concurrent sprint teams.
• Run sprint planning, backlog refinement, sprint retrospective, daily scrum, and other project planning meetings.
• Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving.
• Forecast sprint iterations with the Product Owner and concerned business partners to better understand dependencies between tasks and teams.
• Shield sprint teams from outside distractions and unintended dependencies and interference.
• Facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos.
• Coach the Scrum Masters and the Team Members on Agile principles and Values and on Scrum practices
• Advice Senior Stakeholders on Agile at scale methods and processes
• Ability to work independently and plan and manage multiple assignments.
• Facilitate discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution between sprint team members and Product Owners.
• Communicate with other teams and management on project progress and dependency handling and ensure the transparency of the team.
• Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
• Natural curiosity for gaining business acumen in Transport & Logistics.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Certified Scrum Master
• 3+ years of experience with Agile Project Management Tools including Atlassian JIRA, Confluence.
• Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing cross functional teams.
• Experience of projects involving solution development based on cloud (Amazon Web Services, SaaS, PaaS and IaaS), web or mobile application architecture.
• Experience of leading fit gap analysis for migrating applications to cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or Force.com.
• Experience or passion for leading testing of applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Force.com and/or Google Cloud Platform.
• Certified Product Owner
• Transportation, Logistics or carrier management experience.