Maersk is embarking on an exciting journey that will substantially change the way we conduct our business and engage with customers. We are offering the right candidate a unique opportunity of accelerated learning and to take part in shaping the future operating model.
As Business Analyst with our Finance team, you will be part of the Process Design Authority department which provide business analysis and consulting services to the Maersk transformation effort. The department is highly diverse and international with experience across both logistics and IT, so you will get plenty of colleagues to learn from.
You will work in a dynamic environment with a range of stakeholders and colleagues across our global organization, offering you the chance to showcase your ability to drive transformation while getting full stakeholder exposure. The role will enable you to improve on critical skills such as process design, requirements development, workshop facilitation, project management, stakeholder management and communication. Finally, the role will be a natural stepping stone for building a career in Maersk’s Change and IT functions
You will help IT ‘being the trusted partner’ our company deserves by applying your insights and analysis to strategic objective and business requirement development, thereby defining the IT solutions needed for our company to realise value for our customers.
Your success will build on developing a close collaboration with project, programme and business stakeholders, while delivering non-biased recommendations, challenge the status quo and follow through. Finally, communicating effectively with leadership will be vital to both delivering results and developing your personal brand as a professional. Your responsibilities will include the following activities, amongst others:
• Understand the business challenge, cut through the complexity and see the real value drivers
• Collaborate with projects and portfolio teams to design services, processes and gather business requirements
• Develop strong understanding of finance systems including SAP to design optimal business services
• Develop user stories and use cases, analyse and validate the quality
• Seek opportunities to optimise processes using decision modeling and business rules
• Constructively challenge assumptions and perceptions with data and analytics
• Stay involved with solution development through-out project lifecycle to ensure that we deliver to project objectives and business case
• Ensure that the Process Design Authority team lives up to its accountabilities by delivering on time with high quality
• Stay ambitious! Always raise the bar for the team and yourself.
You have a consultant’s mindset and want to deliver a great service to your stakeholders. You are considered a mature individual, have high energy levels and thrive in a fast-paced environment with ambitions to deliver outstanding results.
You hold a M. Sc. in Business, Economics or Engineering and have 3-5 years of experience of working with large projects either within the consulting industry or in a global company. You have a good understanding of Finance processes and the SAP Platform.
Your business analysis toolbox is well-developed and you enjoy the disciplines. You enjoy working with people and building relationships, balanced with high result-orientation. More specifically you:
• Can independently drive and perform business analysis and process modeling
• Have excellent communication skills – clear, crisp and precise
• Are collaborative and comfortable with shifting between big picture and details
• Interact with people incl leaders at all levels effectively
• Grasp complex issues and drive effective problem-solving
• Can remain calm and deliver effectively within tight timelines
• Deal well with uncertainty and delivering in such an environment
• Are fluent in oral and written English (Danish is not required).