In Maersk Procurement, we are highly focused on performance, but also on developing and building capabilities in all employees. We believe in an environment that focuses on individual talent, skills and interests. The position offers great development opportunities for the right candidate through improvement of already gained experience as well as new learning opportunities in a dynamic and result-oriented global environment.
The Business Finance team provides dedicated support to the leadership team in Maersk Procurement and has direct, daily interactions with management and key stakeholders in our global Procurement organization. By supporting and challenging the decision making process you have every chance to impact the business direction, performance and value to the organization.
In your role, you will report directly to the Head of Corporate Finance, and lead a small team of Finance business partners located in Copenhagen and Mumbai.
As the organization is going through a transformation, this position offers a unique opportunity to be part of building the Business Finance function from the ground.
As Head of Business Finance, you will lead and develop a small Business Finance team. The team is acting as financial sparring partners to the Procurement leadership team and responsible for driving business performance across the global Procurement organization:
• Ensuring proper KPI management including target setting, monitoring, reporting and recommendation for corrective actions where relevant.
• Continuously drive the cost mindset in Procurement and ensure budget targets are delivered on.
• Establishing transparency on spend across the Group including aligning definitions, mapping, analysis and identification of synergies.
• Supporting our Procurement teams and management with financial analysis, insights and recommendations for improvements.
• Driving procurement compliance through proactive/reactive measures.
• Identifying and mitigating potential risk and fraud areas within the Procurement organization and processes.
In all areas, you will engage closely with stakeholders across the Group, which is essential for the Business Finance team to deliver value to the entire Procurement organization. A very important part of the position is also the ability to identify, drive and realize initiatives constantly arising from our dynamic business environment.
The position as Head of Business Finance, Maersk Procurement is a very broad role with a great deal of empowerment. As such you should be an independent and outgoing team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills enabling you to engage, guide and challenge across functions and disciplines. You must be a goal-oriented and self-driven individual, who thrives on assuming responsibility and achieving results independently and as part of a team.
• You hold a Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or equivalent combined with 7+ years of experience from similar functions in a large international company.
• You have strong and proven leadership skills
• You have a thorough understanding of finance and a sincere interest in working with and supporting the business in driving performance and value.
• You are used to and enjoy working in a challenging, fast paced and changing international environment dealing with many different tasks at the same time.
• You have a strong logical and analytical capacity being able to provide insights in complex settings.
• You are fluent in English, written and spoken. Danish is not a requirement.
Please note that applications are evaluated continuously and interviews will take place as soon as possible.