The Senior Crew Manager reports to the Head of Crew Management and has the responsibility that MSS vessels are manned with qualified and compliant crew at all times and that planning, decisions and execution of crew related tasks are done in an efficient and economical way within the framework of our management system.
Further, responsibility includes ensuring that all crew serving on MSS vessels are treated equally and fair in accordance with Maersk values, ensuring crew planning and crew operational functions of seafarers are in compliance with regulatory requirements as well as company and customer standards within the fleet of offshore support vessels operated by MSS.
You will have Crew Operators and Crew associates reporting to you.
• Compliance with safe manning requirements, local requirements and charter specific requirements
• Ensure that each vessel is manned and operated by skilled and well-trained staff
• Ensure and govern the coverage of adequate and relevant vessel type and rank experience is present and consistently supporting teamwork and on-board performance capability
• Oversee and relate day to day manning activities with designated Manning Offices / Manning Agent
• Ensure coverage of a sustainable crew pool within the assigned fleet incl. providing long term strategic inputs for projected recruitment requirements
• Overall responsible for ensuring effective team crew planning
• Oversee operational process excellence and performance
• Ensure that the Personnel system (MAPS) is maintained and up-to-date
• Ensure that all invoices are properly and timely approved in IFS
• Fully understand the applicable contractual terms, CBAs and other employment aspects directing utilization of seafarers
• Ensure that a rolling forecast of crew related costs are prepared as required
• Attend and ensure outside office hour coverage of the crew management duties on emergency basis
• Ensure that items as appointed in the Corrective Action Process are duly processed
• Ensure that work performance of each seafarer is continuously monitored, and that any negative reflections receive the required attention
• Provide support and cost estimates for Commercial department
• Ensure that designated responsibilities and tasks are coordinated within the Crew Management team and aligned with the Fleet Manager as per procedures, guidelines and processes
• Relevant industry related experience, preferably supplemented by relevant exposure to managerial positions and people management – or equivalent;
• Knowledge of STCW, MLC and international standards as relevant;
• Financial understanding on a company level, especially related to budgeting processes and cost control;
• Learning agile, ability to multi-task, fluently in English written and spoken and visibly service-minded.
• You must be prepared to travel a limited number of days per year, as required to attend seminars, visit vessels or maintain interoffice relations within our global network of crewing offices.