The Financial Controller holds a key position within the organization leading one of our controlling and accounting teams in the daily work.
We offer a challenging position within the logistics area where you will be given the opportunity to work in a global environment and within a field that is constantly under development and need of change. In the same time you will be given the opportunity to develop your own skills and professional experience.
For the right person this is an excellent opportunity for a personnel development, both within Damco and the Maersk Group.
You will act as the Financial Controller for business activities on the Danish market and lead and manage one local accountant and direct offshored financial activities.
The Financial Controller can be based in Aarhus or in Gothenburg where majority of the Finance Team is based. For both locations traveling up to 20 days per year will be required.
Your main responsibilities will among others be to:
• Act as a business partner to operational department, provide timely financial information and validate/challenge operational results
• Perform monthly financial reporting - including profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow as per IFRS
• Leader of controlling/accounting team (1 local accountant and offshore centre based controlling team)
• Manage the budgeting and forecasting processes to ensure high quality budgets / forecasts with full ownership by the business
• Manage the year end book close (Group and statutory) process with close cooperation with auditors
• Fully accountable and responsible for providing timely, accurate management information
• Conduct financial and business analysis such as client profitability, cost developments and business or investment proposals.
• Monitor and review the quality of job costing performed by the business and report findings to the business
• Take general interest in and be well informed about the commercial part of the company’s business
• Monitor the actual expenditure vis-à-vis the budgeted estimates for individual cost centers
• Perform other ad-hock tasks as required by country management team
We believe you have 3-5 years’ experience from a similar position or solid experience within the finance and accounting area and that you now are ready to take on a new challenge and more responsibilities.
We believe the ideal candidate has:
• Experience in management reporting, proficient in managing reporting cycles
• Very Good knowledge in MS-Office applications, expertise in Excel, Hyperion consolidation (HFM) and SAP knowledge
• A structured approach combined with superior analytical skills, high detail orientation and resourcefulness.
• A proactive mind-set and are able to work well under pressure.
• Good communications skills both verbal and written (English and preferably Swedish or Danish).
• An eagerness to learn and inclination to accept more responsibilities is essential
• The ability to be a good communicator to all levels of the organization
• Experience in working within matrix organisation is an advantage
• Experience in working with offshoring centre is an advantage
Applications will be read continuously, so do not wait with your application!