Joining the Danish Business Unit (DBU) of Maersk Oil, you will step into a role vital to either Gorm-Tyra asset or Dan-Halfdan asset Production management team. Our ambition is to raise production efficiency to the top of the upstream production industry.
As Operations Engineer, you will have the opportunity to deep dive to get to the bottom of issues, asking the tough questions to help identify root causes. And in doing so you are playing a crucial role in eliminating unnecessary production halts and using our findings to facilitate a learning organization.
You will be part of a passionate, dedicated and skilled team of engineers who work with production and operational support to our offshore production teams and possess unique hands-on experience and knowledge of upstream oil and gas production.
You will also be part of a lively environment with a good social atmosphere in our Esbjerg office where you work with many helpful and cooperative colleagues and where you can build a strong network.
Lastly, you can look forward to a position with great exposure in the Maersk Oil organisation; a position that can lead to even greater roles offshore or onshore depending on your career goals.
Your overall objective will be to deliver on Production Efficiency within the Operations area.
In doing so, you will:
• Follow up on safety issues and unplanned losses with or without human factor dominating factors, and create, issue and support implementation of learnings
• Optimise operational routines and execution, including optimisation of relevant procedures
• Support trouble-shooting on facilities, participate in de-bottlenecking sessions and implement changes needed
• Participate in Risk assessment and HAZOP/HAZID processes.
• Support RCA and follow up on bad actors by implementing robust actions to avoid reoccurrence
• Support efficient and robust Integrated Activity Planning and shutdown plans, to avoid unexpected events showing up later
• Drive process optimisation by investigating and support to offshore production
As Operations Engineer
• You have at least five years of proven experience in an operational role in the offshore oil and gas industry with focus at Safety.
• You hold an engineering degree within a relevant field such as; mechanical, marine, or chemical engineer
• You have experience with mature field operations. Experience with or knowledge of DBU operation is an advantage.
• You possess good understanding of integrated process facilities, identification of bottlenecks and optimisation activities as well as good understanding of Integrity &Reliability and Facility Modification activities
• Preferably you have experience with RCA and Synergi
This is a role that requires you to be open-minded, highly analytical and able to see the big picture in complex processes. You are also organised in your approach and possess good planning skills.
You are a team player with a collaborative mind-set, who understands the importance of reaching out across an organisation – and beyond – to network, find and obtain the knowledge needed to succeed.
Speaking and writing English fluently, you have excellent communication skills.
Please note that interviews may be conducted on an on-going basis. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.