As a part of the Maritime Law and Claims team in Maersk’s Transport and Logistics division you will provide daily legal support to the business with a focus on the container shipping activities.
You will be working with the other team members to strengthen and develop the team as a strategic partner for the business functions.
The main responsibilities will be in relation to Maersk Line’s customers and to the contracts relating to the vessels, such as charters, sale and purchase, technical development, recycling and building. You will be working to find “can-do” solutions to the challenges met by the business.
• Daily legal assistance to various functions across the business
• Customer contract reviews
• Develop and maintain standard terms
• Legal reviews of vessel related contracts, including charter parties
• Dispute handling with a focus on vessel related disputes
• Vessel registration
• A person wiht a law degree
• Significant experience with commercial contracts
• Industry/shipping experience
• A strong business mindset
• Methodical and thorough
• Keeping a clear mind in a busy and dynamic environment
• Attention to detail and a structured approach to your work
• Excellent communication skills, inclusive an excellent command of written and spoken English
• Team player and able to motivate others to be team players
• Positive attitude taking into account that you will be working for a large global organization in a challenging industry
• Adaptive to changes