For our Identification department in Hørsholm we are looking for an ambitious Research Scientist within strain safety.
As Chr. Hansen keeps growing into new market fields within Human -, Animal – and Plant Health, we wish to further strengthen the department’s expertise within strain safety assessment of bacterial species relevant for these new markets.
Our Identification department forms a central part of Chr. Hansen R&D Microbial Platform with skilled and dedicated scientists and technicians. The department is responsible for Chr. Hansen’s culture collection, for state of the art taxonomic classification of our bacterial strains, for safety assessment of the strains, for the company’s genome sequencing facility and for developing molecular tools to characterize our strains and cultures.
Your main tasks
- Contribute to expanding our capabilities for strain safety assessment of a growing range of bacteria
- Safety assessments in relation to occupational safety during production as well as for end-users
- Identify and implement new laboratory methods and technologies for safety assessment
- Contribute to larger projects as well as ad hoc tasks
- Generate data for safety statements of strains in collaboration with project managers and our own team
- Prepare thorough safety assessment reports based on genome sequences data with emphasis on antibiotic resistances and virulence
- Support customers in their communication with regulatory bodies
Your personal profile
- You enjoy collaboration with many internal stakeholders as well as customers
- You have a strong theoretical background in microbiology, preferentially a PhD, but also significant experience from working in the laboratory
- You have expert knowledge within safety assessment of bacterial strains - especially antibiotic resistance and virulence both phenotypically and genotypically
- Your experience preferably includes work with strict anaerobic bacteria and/or bacteria from different sources
- It would be an advantage if you have experience with toxicological evaluations of microorganisms
- You enjoy working as part of a team, but also find it natural to take responsibility
- Able to structure many tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated with excellent ability to communicate in English, both in writing and orally
A challenging position in a global company, with excellent opportunities for personal development. You will be part of an expanding and hard-working team of competent colleagues and have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future activities within the Identification department.
If you have any questions, please contact Senior Director Birgitte Wittschieben on mail email@example.com.
Please apply on-line. Here you can also enter your details into our CV-bank.
Deadline for applications is July 30th, 2017. Read more about working for Chr. Hansen at: www.chr-hansen.com/career.