Maersk Tankers offers an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious international environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
Maersk Tankers offers the successful candidate an excellent remuneration package including:
• Attractive annual salary package and bonus
• Flexible working hours and generous leave entitlements
• Extensive benefits package including pension scheme, health insurance, gym membership, and other recreational benefits
• Manage all technical matters and ensure that safety is being given the highest priority.
• Manage financial budgets and cost control for maintenance, repairs, stores, modifications and dry dockings, while ensuring compliance with Industry, Class and International regulations.
• Maintain close communication with the vessel management team, and lead, develop, spar and coach assigned Senior Officers on all matters (safety, technical, cost leadership, HR and people leadership).
• Co-operate and work across all onshore departments such as Marine Standards, Crewing, Commercial and Operations as required.
• Responsible for maintenance, repairs, planned maintenance and modifications to the vessels’ hull and machineries.
• Plan, coordinate and execute inspections and dry dockings of the vessels.
• Follow up on the performance of the vessels and arrange corrective actions to be carried out when necessary.
• Ensure that all vessel certification and surveys for class, flag and international requirements are in order.
• Initiate innovations, savings and improvements within the area of responsibility.
• Monitor the quality of all service providers.
• Handling of guarantee issues with regards to new buildings.
• Liaising with the Charterers, Flag State and Port State controls.
• Has at least 2 years of experience and proven technical ability as Technical Superintendent or similar position.
• Has passion for excellence and working in a fast paced technical operations environment.
• Has good interpersonal and communication skills, and sharp analytical skills.
• Is self-confident and disciplined, which enables you to work independently and focus on quality in a sometimes very hectic environment.
• Has a high sense of urgency and know how to prioritize.
• Is willing to travel for work-related purposes.