You will be able to advance your business knowledge and develop your relationship with the global finance community and senior management. You will be given the ability to impact accounting policy decisions in Maersk Oil and to position yourself well for a further career in the company. You will be exposed to a lot of internal stakeholders within senior management, the wider Maersk Oil financial community, Group External Accounting and Tax and external auditors.
You will report to the Head of Financial Control in Maersk Oil’s Corporate Controlling department.
As part of Maersk Oil you will embark on an exciting journey with focus on maximizing value from safe operations and delivering world-class projects whilst building our future business as part of the newly formed Maersk Energy division.
You will provide support to the Head of Financial Control and be responsible for preparing consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS/ APMM GAAP along with the rest of the team.
Specific tasks include the following:
Financial Reporting and Controlling
• Closely follow IFRS developments and determine the impact on Maersk Oil
• Ensure correct adaptation of IFRS changes
• Develop work plans and controlling instructions (controlling framework)
• Drive improvements in the reporting process and ensure stakeholder requirements are met
• Maintain the Maersk Oil Finance Manual
• Ensure appropriate documentation in support of significant matters of judgement
• Assist with external reporting requirements
• preparation of Annual Reports under Danish GAAP
• Co-ordinate the external audit of Maersk Oil.
• Adhoc tasks and analysis.
Risk and Controls
• Promote the principles of good accounting practices, continuous improvement and the Maersk Oil values and behaviours
• Ensure compliance with documented internal controls, maintaining documented processes, verifying appropriateness of identified risks and relevant controls to mitigate said risks
• Participate in compliance reviews.
Your professional background is Chartered Accountant (“Statsautoriseret revisor”) or other relevant education at a similar level (CA, CPA, CIMA etc.) and you have solid financial reporting background with at least 7 years’ experience as an auditor or finance manager. Furthermore, we expect you to possess the following:
• Expert knowledge of accounting policies, including international accounting standards
• Deep knowledge of Management Accounting
• Thorough understanding of internal control and risk management framework
• Proficiency in IT applications especially financial software packages
• Ambitious and self-driven, keen to take ownership and responsibility
• Ability to communicate effectively (high fluency in written and spoken English)
• Business awareness and proven analytical skills to ensure value add to the organisation
• Ability to handle multiple assignments whilst ensuring on time delivery.