As a Senior Project Manager in this team we offer you the opportunity to be leading a temporary project organization with a delineated scope of work executed within a finite time-frame in a high complexity technical and stakeholder environment with high degree of interdependency with other projects.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be leading a sizeable global virtual team (both internal and vendor resources) with an extended stakeholder map.
You will be providing leadership to more junior project managers, supervisors and/or professional staff. You will work independently within a broad framework, with a clear level of authority.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will get the opportunity to manage capabilities and resources in response to changing business dynamics, including defining and monitoring policies and procedures in programme scope.
You will contribute to wider decision making including the development of practices, processes and procedures as well as solving complex challenges based on accurate identification of underlying factors/causes and being aware of the impact of proposed solutions outside the immediate area.
Furthermore you will be involved in providing effective interface with the highest levels within the client organization and brings strategic value to the relationship.
This role will require travel for business alignment (c. 30 days/year; India, Philippines, regions) plus for teamcohesion (c. 60 days/year, UK/Denmark/Netherlands) dependent upon team and vendor locations.
The Senior Project Manager has accountability for overall IT project with multiple work streams including project plan, scope, cost, work schedule, design and build, and contractual deliverables.
You will be accountable for overall project or multiple work streams including project plan, scope, cost, work schedule, design & build and contractual deliverables. You will also have a major input into successful business outcomes via delivery of well-focused and scoped enabling IT/IS. The role involves both project delivery and people management responsibilities.
Other areas of responsibility are:
- Carrying out detailed requirements analysis and sizing of project team
- Managing multiple work streams, sub-projects and project resources including subcontractors
- Budget management, resource planning and plan management (tracking and reporting), risk, issue and dependency management
- Managing project governance
- Monitoring and tracking deliverables and resolving issues
- Planning and executing workshops with varied audience from business and IT to design processes, define requirements, or validate solutions
- Establishing and managing effective communications with the business sponsor
- Ensuring delivery to the project plan and budget
- Providing full project reporting
- Managing transition to support organization / model
- Ensuring appropriate standards and quality are maintained
- Set the overall direction for functional processes and projects. Owns, monitors and optimizes existing processes and drives strategic initiatives to help meet the business objectives
- Planning, organizing, motivating, and controlling resources and procedures to achieve specific goals supporting the business strategy
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience on project management (plan, risk, issues, change, budget, resources). Furthermore, you have solid people management experience including motivating /coaching / mentoring and are an expert facilitator; leading meetings and workshops. Finally, you will have operated as a business partner, involved in the development of Strategic Vision, Target Operating Model and Process Maps against which you will have scoped and delivered ‘value add’ IT/IS projects.
- Have got significant planning experience and estimation
- Have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Have extensive exposure to project lifecycle
- Have in-depth understanding of iterative software development methodologies as well experience with waterfall and agile methodologies
- Thrive in a dynamic environment and you have the desire to lead a virtual team to drive results and create standards on a daily basis.
- Are comfortable and effective as a business operator; understanding the commercial challenges,developing the process view and matching to focused IT/IS enablers with a traceability back tobenefits realisation
- Have developed business cases for IT/IS projects based upon business value; capturing process and staffing changes and defining the required technical change
- Have worked project delivery from a benefits viewpoint; refining projects to fill a complex business need
- Are an excellent communicator and you have solid experience in managing complex stakeholder maps effectively
- A self-starter and global business/technology operator; comfortable in leading combined teams spanning functions and geographies, working team dynamics and delivering successful outcomes
- Preferably hold a master’s degree, FBCS and/or PMI professional accreditation.
- 5-10 years of experience, majority of which within an international consulting firm
- A proven track record of IT Project Management / Coordination, typically 6+ years of experience
- Finance domain skills and credibility: at least 2 years of business engagement within at least 1 and preferably 2 of the following finance domains: OtC / Accounts Receiveable; PtP / Accounts Payable; AtR / RtR
- Delivery skills - will have delivered in many of following areas: customer invoicing, remittance, cash collection, dispute, PO/vendor invoice, 2/3 way match and post, Fin BI/BW, tax tooling, SAP ECC cust/config/controls.
- Technology skills - will have managed scoping and design in many of following: Microsoft/Java portal, SAP ECC (SD/FI/CO/MM), Oracle RDBMS, MQ, SAP PI/BW, SRM plus FIN ‘best of breed toolkits’ eg Blackline, HansOrga, GetPaid, Lexmark Scanning, etc.
- Leadership and governance skills – can build and lead a diverse team, skilled in Microsoft Project Planning plus tracking, top down/bottom up estimation, delivery and quality metrics and RAG status reporting to director level leadership
- Prince2 Practitioner certified, or extensive structured project management training
- Have led cross functional / geographic teams plus vendors within soft matrix, achieving cohesion plus good performance
- A proven track record in understanding the commercial dynamic, defining the problem statements, gaining business traction, building high performing teams and delivering successful outcomes.