This is a position with excellent potential, if you are ambitious about taking the next step in your own development, impacting our business, and leading a professional team consisting of 2 highly competent colleagues. With deep analytical expertise, the role leads a team of economists that serves the organisation through the provision of economic analysis for investment decision making and delivery of insights to plans in relation to long term strategic initiatives and opportunities assessment.
The position is based in Esbjerg, where you will be surrounded by the positive atmosphere of an international workforce.
As Head of Financial Planning & Economics, you will be responsible for providing effective decision support, and accountable for delivering the Long Finance & Business Outlook, as well as driving the framework behind financial planning and economics in the Business Unit. You provide a comprehensive portfolio planning and business analysis service necessary to support strategic development of the BU. You will be providing high impact analysis of macroeconomic or country/industry specific trends to support the business in making informed strategic decisions.
Using your leadership skills and economic experience, you will look to improve both short and long term performance, e.g. by being a strong partner to the business, leading the team, and ensuring efficient processes.
Your other responsibilities include:
• Actively support a working culture based on respect for health, safety and environmental issues and maintenance of a high level of asset integrity
• Oversee, review and develop Financial Planning & Economic analysis and framework
• Collate/review/discuss relevant input data and assumptions necessary for undertaking required strategic planning/portfolio management and business analysis
• Prepare relevant output (memos; reports; presentations; summary briefing papers) which can communicate effectively to clearly demonstrate underlying issues
• Own the Maersk Oil Fiscal Models and be responsible for economic support to assets, exploration, developments and New Business projects
• Responsible for economic screening and due diligence as part of the Investment Proposal process and PMP gate crossings within their Business Unit both internally and towards external partners
• Work closely with the Finance Partners to build trend/industry analysis allowing for commercially driven and strategically informed decisions
It is essential that you possess strong business partnering skills and have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and challenge senior stakeholders as well as support the decision-making process.
So this calls for an outgoing person in building relationships with people throughout the organization and also being able to impact and have the courage to speak out.
As a person, you have personal drive along with the ability to work independently, yet be a team player.
Your analytical skills are strong, and you have the communicative capabilities to present assumptions, risks, conclusions and recommendations from your analyses.
Your other qualifications to be a success in this role includes:
• You have an Economics degree (Cand. Oecon/Polit or Cand. Merc), or a strong accounting or controlling background combined with relevant experience e.g. investment analysis, project economics
• Leadership experience is an advantage
• Finance experience from a technical organisation/environment is an advantage
• Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and MS Office
• You speak and write Danish and English fluently