Are you interested in and motivated by enabling proper decision making through prudent risk management?
Business is about taking and managing risks. Nordea has already significantly strengthened its focus on operational risks over the last few years. We are looking for a number of ambitious and self-driven Senior Operational Risk Officers (S-ORO) with significant experience in the field as well as Operational Risk Officers (ORO) who have the background and interests in Operational Risk to together build world-leading operational risk management at Nordea.
The position we offer
Group Operational Risk (GOR) is a division within Group Risk Management and employs approx. 100 professionals.
Becoming an S-ORO /ORO and being part of a global Operational Risk Management unit supporting Nordea, could then be a rewarding next step.
When operating as S-ORO/ORO, you are expected to have a good overview of the organization, operations and strategies of the business area you cover as well as the Nordea value chain. Based on a thorough understanding of operational risk management, combined with strong business knowledge and communication skills, you support and control a business area in managing the risks that are inherent in all activities for example related to IT-systems, handling information about Nordea, our customers, employees or other stakeholders and the risk that we are exposed to through internal and external crime. Through proactive involvement you support and control the business area in understanding the purpose and value of the operational risk management framework and its appropriate implementation.
You work as an independent and professional operational risk adviser thereby supporting Nordea in further developing its risk culture and in managing its operational risks. Furthermore, you perform tasks to independently monitor, control and report on the risks you see to ensure adequate and proactive operational risk management in a business area and in Nordea.
As S-ORO/ORO you are seen as a value adding partner for a business area. You will be expected to positively challenge, engage and interact with relevant internal and external stakeholders and support the continued development of operational risk management in Nordea.
We are currently looking for a number of S-ORO/ORO to support, control and advice concerning managing of risks in our:
- Wholesale Banking and Group Corporate Center area
- Personal Banking or Commercial & Business Banking
- Global Private Banking and to coordinate the Operational Risk Officer work in respect to Private Banking (DK, FI, NO, LUX, SE) and Banking units (DK, FI, NO, SE)
- Data Management and Information Security across business areas
The qualifications you need
You want to make a difference and have passion for performance, risk management and communication. As a person you are self-driven and influential with an analytical mind-set who takes initiative and strives for delivering value adding results and simple solutions.
We are looking for candidates with the following general qualifications:
- Strong analytical skills and ability to deal with complex issues
- Risk management/operational risk management knowledge and preferable understanding of regulatory requirements related to risk management
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage people
- Integrity and capacity to work independently
- Experience of building strong stakeholder relationships
- Excellent team-working skills
- IT Understanding
- Project management skill
- Holder of a relevant university degree e.g. finance, economics, law or similar
- Relevant business knowledge for a specific business area
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) in English, and preferably in at least one Nordic language
- Leadership skills (for Global Private Banking and coordination), or
- Strong background in Data Management, Data Governance and/or Information Security (for Data Management and Information Security across business areas)
You can be located in any of the Nordic capitals. The position will require some traveling mainly across the Nordic region.
More information and send application
If you have questions regarding the position please contact:
For Wholesale Banking and Group Corporate Center
For Personal Banking or Commercial & Business Banking
For Global Private Banking and coordination
For Data Management and Information Security across business areas
Please send your application and CV no later than 1 June 2017. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis.