We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated postdoctoral research fellow to join our Animal Health Innovation team in Denmark.
The Animal Health group of Chr. Hansen offers documented and cost-effective microbial feed solutions to increase productivity in livestock farming while providing healthy economic returns to producers. We lead the industry in the selection, development, production and distribution of beneficial live microbials. The Innovation group is responsible for the development of new global products as well as for the commercial and technical sales support to the animal business currently focused on swine, poultry, cattle and silage. We employ microbiology, genomics, genetics, cell biology and molecular biology for isolation, identification, enumeration, selection and characterisation of probiotics and mode of action studies.
Your main responsibilities
- Conduct and facilitate a programme of individual research by implementing mammalian gut cell lines (human and animal intestinal epithelial and immune cells) as models for studying probiotic modes of actions (e.g. adhesion, pathogen competition, epithelial integrity, gut barrier effect, inflammatory response).
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records to document the research progress and lead studies which will allow the establishment of a system for assessing the in vitro modes of action of future lead probiotics. Take a lead role in writing up data for publication in journals and for marketing material. Present data at group meetings and conferences and make data available for other colleagues. Write standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the work carried out in the laboratory and transfer to the team members.
- Contribute to the dissemination and publication of own/research groups research findings.
- To continually update knowledge and understanding in the field of specialism, and update skill base within the defined research area. To provide guidance and supervision in cell culture and molecular biology techniques for dedicated auxiliary personnel, and present such techniques and data to customers.
Your personal profile
- You have or expect to have a PhD in cell biology or molecular cell biology with a specific research focus on mammalian gut cell models. Experience in working with bacterial cells and microbiology techniques is an advantage.
- You have experience in culturing, co-culturing and manipulation of epithelial cell lines (e.g. Caco-2, HT29, Hep2, Vero, IPEC etc.). Experience in initiating, culturing and working with organoid cell cultures is an advantage.
- You have experience in isolating, culturing and manipulation of macrophages, dendritic cells, lymphocytes etc.
- You have experience in working with cell and molecular biology methods for example ELISA, TEER, flow cytometry, confocal and electron microscopy, FISH, FRET, FRAP, FLIM, qPCR and RT-qPCR, protein expression etc.
- You are a proven team player with outstanding networking skills and excellent communication and presentation skills.
You will become part of a highly motivated and result-orientated international team. Team work and customer focus are part of our daily work. You will work in a dynamic environment with exciting and challenging tasks within microbial solutions for agriculture in relation to new product development, sales support as well as a better understanding of probiotic strains. You will work with interesting and dedicated colleagues and will have good opportunities for professional development.
If you have any enquiries please contact Senior Teamleader Bea Nielsen +45 4574 8486 or Senior Research Scientist Ramona Cernat +45 4574 8430.
Please apply on-line – click here - before 10 May 2017. Here you can enter your resume, cover letter and relevant diplomas into our CV-bank.
Interviews will be held throughout the application period and we, therefore, urge you to apply as soon as possible.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen at www.chr-hansen.com/career