Maersk Oil offers you a unique opportunity to join an international and multinational organization with over 30 different nationalities at the office in Esbjerg. Therefore, you will be able to engage, share knowledge, gain cultural intelligence and be part of a cross-collaborative synergistic team. This would be essential for you in relationship-building, negotiation and liaison with multiple internal / external stakeholders.
Furthermore, you will take part in an innovative organisation and get to understand the oil and gas industry through our global technology strategy. Compared to the traditional technology scope of Maersk Oil, the Technology Strategy introduces a stronger focus on drilling and production facilities, particularly in the direction of automation and digital technology solutions.
You will become a member of a performance driven Well Completion Operations team, which is responsible for coordination of all well services activities related to rig operations.
You will get to shape and develop a central role with great influence in providing well engineering expertise supporting the streamlining of our well delivery process and operations planning. You will get to be part of the safe, efficient, assured and cost effective delivery of well programmes for both maturing assets and exploration of well drilling for the operations team.
You will have the responsibility of overseeing well servicing operations to ensure they are carried out in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner. This is by actively paticipating in preparation of completion and work-over programmes in co-operation with Drilling Department and Petroleum Engineering Department. Furthermore, you may undertake instructing Well Services Offshore Supervisors on the job and actively support their activities, including continuous information of programme changes.
This calls for an analytical and result-oriented person who is able to cross boundaries between disciplines and cultures, with the following key responsibilities and tasks:
• Establish job binder for each well, as soon as the Well Construction Document has been handed over by the Equipment section
• Correct Completion Design based on programmes and endeavour to use standard sub-assemblies.
• Based on relevant programmes, prepare Contract Work Orders and Service Orders in accordance with valid procedures and agreements between Drilling Department and Well Services
• Actively participate in relevant ongoing rig operations; this includes to maintain daily contact to drilling rigs and Drilling Department
• In co-operation with other sections of Well Services, Drilling Supervisors, Drilling Department and Expeditors, ensure that the necessary equipment and personnel are mobilised for relevant completion and work-over operations
• Ensure that rental equipment and personnel are returned to relevant contractors as soon as possible
• Act as onshore technical support and sparring-partner for Well Services Offshore Supervisors
• Collaborate and coordinate with Asset operations to ensure a safe and seamless execution
• Establish or update well file immediately after end of project
• Issue necessary instructions to company’s warehouses for packing and shipping of Well Services owned, permanent and temporary comple¬tion and service equipment
• Design sub-assemblies and ensure that sub-assembly drawings are made in accordance with Completion Design; prepare Contract Work Orders to sub-assembly make-up contractor
It is important you address the job with a strong understanding of the Business and People. Naturally, you thrive in a highly independent and visible position in a free and dynamic working environment. Moreover, the position calls for a result-oriented and analytical person regarding well engineering and well interventions, but also excellent interpersonal and communicative skills are essential in combining a holistic business view with concrete well services initiatives. This calls for an outgoing person in building relationships with people throughout the organization. Therefore, it is an advantage that you are a strong team player with the ability to build relationships and work constructively with others to achieve business goals.
• Experience directing rig operations and personnel management
• Experience in planning and executing Well Services interventions an advantage
• Demonstrated record of success in fostering continuous improvement in well costs and productivity while driving a cost conscious approach across all levels of the company
• Demonstrated record of success in a leadership role managing employees, contractors, vendors and
managing service companies
• Fluent in verbal and written English