You will have the opportunity to become a focal point for Production Technology, a subset of Maersk Oil’s Subsurface Disciplines division, and work with optimisation of production from our Gorm-Tyra asset. To do so, you will be based in the Well Management Team in Esbjerg.
This is an operational position that gives you broad insight into our well service and reservoir management operations. Here, you will be sharing knowledge and collaborating with many top specialists and helping implement solutions to enhance production and optimise the well stock.
Our Esbjerg Office constitutes the headquarters for all Maersk Oil production activities in the Danish sector of the North Sea. We are approximately 550 highly skilled and motivated onshore employees working in the office which has an international workforce and positive atmosphere.
As Production Technologist, your responsibilities and deliverables range across the project life-cycle, concept generation and selection, through to ongoing production operations and ultimately to suspension and abandonment. In close collaboration with the Team Lead and the various disciplines within subsurface, you will plan, design, execute and evaluate various processes and techniques to both maintain and enhance recovery. You will also be challenged with helping to implement new techniques and technologies, driving step changes in mature field operations.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
• Support Wells on preparation and execution of wireline interventions, coiled tubing interventions and workover and abandonment programmes incl. economic justification and operational support
• Reduce production losses and optimize production system performance the Gorm-Tyra Asset with fields ranging from long horizontal water injection wells, horizontal production wells as well as vertical wells
• Integrate knowledge about the Asset into well, reservoir and facility management activities, and identify and implement data acquisition needs and integrate these into reservoir and well surveillance plans
• Follow up well integrity related issues. Support/secure required corporate dispensations when applicable. Establish well operating envelopes and ensure compliance
• Provide input to annual Asset business planning cycle
• Develop and support team internal and external communication material including presentations to corporate, partners and authorities.
• Take part in offshore operations at the well site overseeing intervention or well related activities
• Mentor and support less experienced members of the PT community, increasing their knowledge and confidence levels
To succeed in this position, you need to be self-motivated and self-reliant. You possess strong analytical and technical skills, enabling you to function in a multi-disciplinary environment. You are able to think broadly, and understand the consequences of decisions and actions in a broad, operational perspective.
Furthermore, the successful candidate will have excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and motivate others to deliver team results. You thrive in a fast paced environment, able to make rapid shifts in priorities and adjust to change.
Your other qualifications include;
• MSC in engineering discipline with at least 10 years relevant experience in the oil industry, of which at least 7 years in production operations
• Broad background in well, reservoir and facility management, reservoir studies and well interventions, especially in a mature field environment
• Solid knowledge of production facilities operations and flow assurance concepts
• Solid capabilities within well performance analysis and surveillance techniques, gas lift production systems, design, troubleshooting and optimization
• Proficient user of Prosper, GAP and Kappa. Familiarity with the concepts of Digital Oil Field is a benefit
• Fluent in written and spoken technical English