You will have the opportunity to become a focal point for Production Technology, a subset of Maersk Oil’s Subsurface Disciplines division, and work with optimisation of production from our assets. To do so, you will be based in the Well Management Team in Esbjerg.
This is an operational position that gives you broad insight into our well service and reservoir management operations. Here, you will be sharing knowledge and collaborating with many top specialists and helping mentor less experienced engineers.
Our Esbjerg Office constitutes the headquarters for all Maersk Oil production activities in the Danish sector of the North Sea. We are approximately 550 highly skilled and motivated onshore employees working in the office which has an international workforce and positive atmosphere.
In close collaboration with the Team Lead and the various disciplines within subsurface, you will plan, design, execute and evaluate various processes and techniques to both maintain and enhance recovery. You will also be challenged with helping to implement new techniques and technologies, driving step changes in mature field operations.
As Senior Production Technologist, your responsibilities and deliverables range across the project life-cycle, concept generation and selection, through to ongoing production operations and ultimately to suspension and abandonment.
You are responsible for day to day production operations including defining locked in, and maximum well potential, technical limits and well operating envelopes. A robust knowledge of how the reservoir interacts with the well bore will also be a key component of this role. The senior production technologist will be the owner and Technical Authority for Integrated Asset Modelling (IAM) for the wells in your portfolio.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
• Reduce production losses and optimize production performance of your assigned wells.
• Integrate knowledge about the Asset into well, reservoir and facility management activities, and identify and implement data acquisition needs and integrate these into reservoir and well surveillance plans
• Actively engage with operational department to provide daily support to offshore on all matters related to Production System optimization.
• Identify, mature and execute production optimization opportunities, including intervention and stimulation, engaging with other disciplines, such as wells and reservoir management ensuring your plans and operations are considered and adopted.
• Identify and implement data acquisition needs and integrate these into reservoir and well surveillance plans with updates to the IAP model
• Provide key input to annual Asset business planning cycle.
• Mentor and support less experienced members of the PT community, increasing their knowledge and confidence levels.
• Take part in offshore operations at the well site overseeing intervention or well related activities
To succeed in this position, you need to be self-motivated and self-reliant. You possess strong analytical and technical skills, enabling you to function in a multi-disciplinary environment. You are able to think broadly, and understand the consequences of decisions and actions in a broad, operational perspective.
Furthermore, the successful candidate will have excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and motivate others to deliver team results. You thrive in a fast paced environment, able to make rapid shifts in priorities and adjust to change. You will be comfortable supervising and guiding others, in both a motivational and inspiring manner.
Your other Qualifications include:
• MSC in engineering discipline with at least 10 years relevant experience in the oil industry, of which at least 5-7 years has been in production operations.
• Broad background in well, reservoir and facility management, reservoir studies and well interventions, especially in a mature field environment.
• Solid knowledge of production facilities operations and flow assurance concepts
• Solid capabilities within well performance analysis and surveillance techniques, gas lift production systems, design, troubleshooting and optimization
• Proficient user of Prosper and GAP, Pipesim, with a working knowledge of Digital Oil Field
• Ability to engage, motivate and mentor others especially less senior engineers.
• Fluent in written and spoken technical English