An excellent opportunity to work in a truly global business with +300 offices spread across the globe and a turnover of more than USD 24bn.
You will get an opportunity to take part in establishing a new BICC organization from the beginning – and be part of shaping your own role.
The current environment offers a unique chance to transform and optimize the capability to provide new insights with data and to enable the organization to do informed decision making.
In the Information Strategy team we will be responsible for shaping the overall BI strategy for Maersk Line, layout the roadmaps and drive change management in the BI space.
You will join a diverse organization with broad future career opportunities for strong performers.
Working as Senior Business Solution Architect you will have overall accountability for ensuring that the architecture is optimally designed to serve business needs efficiently and effectively, and that it is maintained in solutions and the full engagement cycle of BI activities.
It is essential that you are capable of recommending how (high-level solution design), where (which teams, locations etc.) and when to implement BI solutions, given a complex mix of influencing factors.
Furthermore you will support prioritization by delivering high level estimates of development efforts and helps engagement teams challenge business requirements in order to maximize value of BI investments.
Key tasks will include:
• Accountability for high-level BI solution design to support business requirements
• Owning semantic layers and the creation of and changes to these
• Responsibility of recommending most optimal delivery method across available channels
• Coordinating across development initiatives to ensure coherency in solution design
• Acting as point of contact for architectural issues in delivery
• Helping the engagement team to shape and challenge business needs in order to maximize value while understanding request scope and impact
• Responsible for high level sizing of specific requests
• Providing input to the prioritization of business demands
• Ensuring selected technology supports logical architecture
• Enforcing coherent architecture systems and ensure new IT systems fit into the architecture in accordance to enterprise application and technology roadmaps, principles, standards and guidelines
• Managing relationships for multiple work streams in a highly complex technical and stakeholder environment.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7-10 years’ experience and a proven track record in a senior role within Business Intelligence from large international organizations.
You have experience with proactively managing the business architecture of a complete BI solution landscape.
You understand the overall nature of the business and the interdependencies between functions and is able to clearly orchestrate Business Intelligence artefacts in a business context.
You are able to analyze impact, identify dependencies and ensure cross functional and solution coherency.
You work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations and you possess strong technical expertise.
You have a sincere interest in supporting the business in driving performance and value from a clear and transparent information architecture landscape and you have structural and methodologic, clear documentation skills.
You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong integrity and you are a holistic thinker with the ability to communicate and simplify complex technical designs
You are intrigued by the challenges of learning, developing and building up a new organization.
You are an independent mind – ready to take ownership of your own deliveries and development, as well as the team.
Most of all you are ready to shape the future of Business Intelligence in Maersk Line.