The Strategy and Partnering function plays an integral part in positioning Maersk Drilling as the most attractive partner in the industry and will drive the agenda of exploring new opportunities in the form of partnerships and alliances that can be taken to market within short- to mid-term.
The oil industry is dominated by 4 main segments – oil companies, equipment manufacturers, service companies and drilling companies. Each segment of the industry has different dynamics and different business models and although working together on the off-shore jobs, optimization frequently takes place within each of the segments and not across the value chain. Maersk Drilling has established a partnership function with the objective to work closer across the value chain in order to enable lower production costs and making off-shore drilling more profitable at the current oil price.
We offer a working environment characterized by high trust and team spirit, solid communication, information sharing, frequent feedback, rapid response and openness and willingness to test new ideas and constantly challenge prevailing thinking and the status quo.
The Senior Strategic Partnering Manager will primarily be responsible for:
• Together with the business and the Strategy function, defining what makes Maersk Drilling the most attractive partner for the selected players throughout the value chain
• Reviewing the value chain landscape and identifying and segmenting players that could be interesting to engage with from a partnership perspective in the short and medium term
• Developing and implementing a partnership framework
• Suggesting partnering opportunities and preparing business case recommendations to our Senior Management team
• Co-drive the dialogue with potential partners together with the US based Senior Strategic Partnering Manager
• Defining and evaluating risks and value and how these most optimally are shared between the parties
• Closely engaging in implementation of agreed partnerships
In all areas, you will engage closely with the Innovation and Strategy teams as well as the business to define the right and relevant business models for Maersk Drilling.
We expect you to have a Master’s Degree in a relevant subject and proven experience within establishing and managing partnerships from large organizations – coupled with experience in defining, building and maintaining partnerships from an international organization or proven partnering experience from e.g. consulting. Furthermore you:
• Understand fundamental drivers for what is required to enable partnerships
• Have strong stakeholder management skills with ability to influence without formal authority both within Maersk Drilling and at a partner level
• Possess the ability to handle complex problems in a structured, fact-based and analytical way
• Understand how an industry value chain is constructed
• Are solution oriented and interested in true cross functional work with the ambition to change the value chain in the industry
• Have strong analytical skills, can identify inefficiencies and logically understand how various risks best are distributed amongst the parties
• Have strong presentation skills and interest in defining a concise and coherent storyline that is persuasive
Please note that applications are evaluated continuously and interviews will take place as soon as possible.